F-Droid Store V.1.18.0 + tracker ACRA (crash reporting) • 8/10 data protection now in /e/ App Lounge

In the /e/ App Lounge v2.6.7, the F-Droid Store version 1.18.0 and 1.19.0-alpha3 was downgraded from 9/10 to 8/10 in the privacy category because of the added tracker ACRA (crash reporting) (Application Crash Reports for Android. Free and open source solution) and its required 25 permissions.

1 Like

You can ask in the F-Droid Forum if that is a concern. Quite sure they will say it is not.

ACRA, btw, has always been there so the downgraded rating is arbitrary. Maybe has to do with the added perms but I don’t know since I do not use latest.
Screenshot is from F-Droid 1.15.6 (last version I use for technical reasons).

EDIT: Interesting that you say the rating has dropped in a certain version of App Lounge. It’s still 9/10 on my Q (2.5.4) & R (2.5.9) devices. I didn’t know ratings were built into the app. Assumed they were pulled from the web. :thinking:

You’re right, ACRA was already there, but the permissions were increased depending on the F-Droid version.

More screenshots

1 Like

New features require new permissions :

> Include integrated QR scanner for adding new repos and mirrors

Nothing to worry about I guess…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.