Factory reset shortcut

I unfortunately damaged the charging port of my phone 2 weeks after I received it and had to wait for replacement parts from aliexpress for a really long time. I ended up forgetting my pin to get into my phone during this time. I’m trying to reset my phone and I can’t seem to find a button combo to do so. Anyone know how to reset the murena 2 without being able to access the phone?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

you can do this through the recovery (in the menu) - see this screenshot: [HOWTO] use e-Recovery to wipe & format data before sideloading/install eOS (not the text)

How to enter the recovery mode depends on the device - you go into fastboot mode (early boot) and select via vol +/- the “recovery entry” - then the menu in the above screenshot appears.

The manufacturer publishes info on the keys that needed to be pressed: mostly either power + vol-minus or power + vol-plus. It’s similar across models of one manufacturer.

Thanks for the response. The Murena 2 didn’t come with a manual and I wasn’t able to find one online. The closest I got was this forum, which is where I was hoping to find out what exactly the button combo I need to press to reset the phone.

according to Info about Murena Murena Two - two

Boot Modes

Recovery

With the device powered off - hold Volume Up + Power to open the menu. Use Volume Up to navigate and Volume Down to select. Select Recovery Mode

grafik

1 Like

Thanks. Really appreciate it.