`>> [Tue Aug 9 22:46:08 UTC 2022] Copying ‘/srv/local_manifests/*.xml’ to ‘.repo/local_manifests/’
[Tue Aug 9 22:46:08 UTC 2022] Syncing branch repository
[Tue Aug 9 22:48:28 UTC 2022] Setting “UNOFFICIAL” as release type
[Tue Aug 9 22:48:28 UTC 2022] Adding OTA URL overlay (for custom URL )
[Tue Aug 9 22:48:28 UTC 2022] Preparing build environment
[Tue Aug 9 22:48:28 UTC 2022] Starting build for bramble, v1.1-r branch
ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx4G
Switch to Python2
[Tue Aug 9 22:49:55 UTC 2022] Failed build for bramble
[Tue Aug 9 22:49:55 UTC 2022] Finishing build for bramble
[Tue Aug 9 22:49:55 UTC 2022] Cleaning source dir for device bramble
Switch back to Python3
Is there a way to see more details on what failed?
This is my first time building a ROM so any help would be greatly appreciated!
The error is below. FAILED: out/soong/build.ninja out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build -t -l out/.module_paths/Android.bp.list -b out/soong -n out -d out/soong/build.ninja.d -globFile out/soong/.bootstrap/build-globs.ninja -o out/soong/build.ninja Android.bp
This line shows up about 4 times. error: vendor/google/bramble/Android.bp:869:1: module "email@example.com" variant "android_arm64_armv8-2a_cortex-a76": module source path "firstname.lastname@example.org" does not exist
I assume this has something to do with the proprietary blobs that I pulled from the device?
As I follow along with the build steps here (How to Build the /e/ ROM?) I think I have found the issue that is tripping me up. After Step 4 is the step to “Extract proprietary blobs” and in that it says to navigate to folders that do not exist yet. Originally I had just skipped over this step thinking it maybe wasnt necessary for Google phones. Step 6 then created these directories for me, but what is the correct way to run step 5?
you have 3 options - 1) either go through the linked docs to extract the binaries from your own device (there’s a script that pulls via adb)
or 2) add a environment variable to the docker community script -e INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=true that will go out and fetch the proprietary files from a git repo (a fetch at ~30GB and rather unoptimized, it will fetch all vendor blobs).
If you lack bandwith/space, instead of +30, grab 4GB - 3) skip the variable and just create any filename with xml extension inside a self created hostside folder (name wouldn’t matter) local_manifest and put into this
Yes I would like to learn more about the process and make some changes to the default apps, etc.
OK I had tried option 1 to extract via a local device and also via the downloaded zip. Both were giving me errors. To extract from the Device it says it failed to get multiple files, then during the build process it fails.