Fairphone 3 and /e/OS

Hi ntp, I don’t want bust this thread with O.T. I’ll write a (german) HOWTO in the german section. Have look there, later today.

4 Likes

Today I received my precious.
Preinstalled with /e/.
I’m happy. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hi! This is first post.
Just to say how happy I am to have found /e/OS. Was going to order Fairphone 3 but is out of stock. Alexis, from the support team, said they are expecting to have new stock at the end of next week.
Is there someone here in the community from Portugal?
Best regards

2 Likes

Hello,
I was happy to receive my /e/OS Fairphone 3 last friday, but I had to wait till yesterday to get my Sim card.
I started it immediately, everything seems to word well except MAIL !
Up to now I didn’t manage to have my mailbox working with x----x@e.mail !
I’m looking for a solution ? :cry:
Cheers

I think you made a little typo and forgot an e.
Your email address must end with e.email
So e . email

6 Likes

Lidwien thanks to you and to smu44 I found out what was wrong : I typed “ e.mail ” instead of “ e.email ”.
I finally managed to set my email account ! :joy:

https://community.e.foundation/t/comment-configurer-lappli-mail-avec-une-adresse-mail-e-mail/17272

5 Likes

hahaha you’re probably not the only one that did this! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @AnotherElk,
the error message of my banking app (it is for credit card) is clear: it does not work on rooted smartphones. I checked my settings: rooting access is OFF.
My other banking apps like pushTAN do work properly.
So what could be the problem?

Update: I had my first /e/-update to 20200609 OTA (over the air).
It works as fine as expected, although the whole process lasted nearly an hour.
So again a big thank you to all developers!

It should be much faster if you make sure to not let the display turn off while updating.

1 Like

I would like to know if anybody else has problems with his normal speaker (the one, you hold on your ear) during normal phonecalls or audiocalls with different apps? Talking in handsfree-mode works fine since the last update (thanks to @sooorajjj), but I have trouble with that ear speaker now (most of the time I don’t hear anything at all, or the quality is really terrible). I am not sure how it was before the update or even before I installed /e/, because I bought it used in march and then directly flashed /e/, when it became available for the FP3. If others have the same problem, I would create a gitlab-issue, but I fear that my speaker might be broken…

Thanks to @AnotherElk. Avoiding display turning off, my second /e/-update worked fine and was quick.

2 Likes

Hi @tial, I am sorry, I can’t confirm that issue. My normal speaker works as fine as in handsfree-mode. No problems, neither before nor after the update.

Hi, the warning text still hasn’t been removed - however it has been changed a little bit:

Warning: Downgrading Smartphones already on Android Q or LineageOS 17.x to Pie or other OS can cause instability or at worst brick some devices

I’d like to install /e/OS on my FP3 with Android Q - and yes, this warning is very irritating.
From what I read in this thread I don’t know, whether I can safely proceed. Can I?

Furthermore, this info is not displayed in the Lineage OS wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP3/install). Is this issue specific to /e/OS?

For the FP3/FP3+ the current /e/ version is Android 10 (Q)

If you have an FP3 and skipped updates for a couple of months you might still be on Android 9 (Pie) of the stock ROM. -> You’re good as you would be upgrading from 9 to 10.

If you have an FP3 and installed all updates you are on Android 10. -> You’re good as you would stay on the same major Android version.

If you have an FP3+ you’re always on Android 10. -> You’re good as you would stay on the same major Android version.

So right now there is no combination that would end up in a downgrade. Unless you really take the effort to shoot yourself in the foot by somehow finding and installing an old Android 9 based version of /e/ that you’d install (this is the scenario the text warns about).

3 Likes

Maybe I come here inappropriately, but I have found as a newcomer first of all no other passage here in the forum to put my questions:
The installation of /e/ on my FairPhone 3 with Android 10 (build number: 8901.3.A.0101.20210420 ) using the “easy-installer” failed. As operating system I have Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. It does not succeed to get into the fastboot mode, although in the FairPhone before the developer options were unlocked, USB debugging was enabled and the OEM unlocking was performed. However, the icon for System was “grayed out” and after pressing the “Power” and “Volume -” buttons at the same time, a warning message came from Google with a link to “g.co/ABH”.
In the home folder ~/snap/easy-installer/common I found the log “1cdd1ebf-0f23-41ac-8d26-3e821d4e4c2b.log” (87.1 kB). What to do ?

Please open a new topic and upload the log file as described in Howto troubleshoot issues with the easy-installer

1 Like

Is /e/ 0.18 q still unavailable in France ? I keep refreshing but I don’t get the update.

This is not about your country. There was a phone app issue in 0.18 that affected mostly (or only) FP3 and FP3+ users, so the update was pulled and fixed. Users on the dev channel can already get the fixed update, but if you are on the stable channel, you need to wait a little while longer.

5 Likes