Fairphone 3 and /e/OS

The thing is, not everyone who unlocked their bootloader had to enter a code, see

And as long as there is no code in the package, the support article even has some screenshots how to find the relevant numbers

4 Likes

:100: Points from me!

1 Like

As a proud owner of an FP2 running /e/OS how could I not cheer to that.

This is great news and another step on the path to a better world.

Way to go people, way to go.

5 Likes

Hi @alexis, this is definitively a great news !

1 Like

I was asking the same question for those who already have a FP3 and want to proceed with /e/ flashing by themselves, will the bootloader will be locked after flashing 
 and I just noticed that at the end of the flashing process :

The bolded text make me fell that it has been added or at least highlighted to avoid to answer to this question again and again 
 :smile:
/e/ is definitively a must have :ok_hand:

Bonjour Alexis,
J’ai achetĂ© un Fairphone 3 en dĂ©cembre, puisqu’il ne devait y avoir que “quelques semaine” pour avoir un autre OS que Google. 6 mois aprĂšs, e/OS arrive (youpi) et je me jette sur le tuto pour l’installer. Le bootloader est dĂ©verrouillĂ©, l’EOM et l’USB aussi, mais l’ordi (un surface pro 4) ne le reconnait pas.
Ensuite, quand on me demande de taper adb device, oĂč dois je le faire ?
le fairphone n’a jamais fonctionnĂ©, il n’a pas de sim (elle est prĂȘte mais pas dans le tĂ©lĂ©phone) je n’aime vraiment pas GOOGLE.
Merci d’avance
Eric

Au secours!

Bon jour, @rico

Welcome to /e/Land,
moi non plus j’aime pas Gogol,

Voici un How To trÚs clair et trÚs détaillé
pour installer/e/OS sur le FairPhone 3
avec plein de super photos, merci @Chimpthepimp

Édit :
le schmylblique a Ă©tĂ© Ă©cris pour Minux, mais ça change pas grand chose, pour les autres OS, Ă  la place du “terminal”, il faut simplement utiliser :
"Invite de commande" sous Windobe,
et "console" sous MaQueue.

2 Likes

Bienvenu rico,
J’ai flashĂ© /e/ Ă  partir d’Ubuntu, je ne pourrai donc pas ĂȘtre d’une aide pour la procĂ©dure de ton OS mais “adb devices” est logiquement une command line Ă  saisir dans le terminal (je ne suis pas expert). Ce topic est pour annoncer l’arrivĂ©e de /e/ sur Fairphone 3 je t’encourage Ă  crĂ©er un Topic dans la partie Francophone, je pense que tu trouveras des gens prĂȘts Ă  t’aider.

1 Like

bonjour Alexis,

merci pour ce retour.

bonne journée.

Hello e.buddies

Is there any news about the /e/ Fairphone pre-order & shipping date ?

Thank you !

1 Like

Hi guys,

What great news. This is the phone & OS combination I always dreamed off.
You did a great job. :ok_hand: :clap: :smiley:

1 Like

I have ordered my fairphone 3 from fairphone directly more than three weeks ago now and still haven’t received it. I don’t know if it would be any faster ordering from /e/.

I also ordered a Fairphone 3 more than a month ago directly from Fairphone and received nothing either.

1 Like

We have received inventory to cover for our pre-orders and we are shipping out this week.
We will place additional orders very soon.

2 Likes

Hi Alexis,

My finger is above the ‘enter’-button, this is how close I am to ordering a Fairphone3.

But I have a bit of a problem in decision taking.

I live in Amsterdam. When I scream the people over at Fairphone can hear me. They sell it for 450,- euro.I have to flash the phone myself but that’s no problem. Done it before, will do it again. I appreciate Fairphone to the max.

Or:

I pay 479,- euro to /e/ and receive a pre-installed Fairphone3 and I hope that I support /e/ by buying it from them. I love beautiful /e/ also and like to support them.

I prefer the latter option.

But there is one drawback with that option and that is that Fairphone offers FREE earphones (49,- euro) and /e/ doesn’t.

So, Alexis, do you offer the FREE earphones too?

Grtz, sassonie

1 Like

I third option might be to buy from Fairphone “across the street” and donate to /e/ foundation to support them.

4 Likes

@sassonie
We are an eligible reseller for the Fairphone earphones promotion. It is a Fairphone promotion and after your purchase you will need to register with them to benefit from the free earphones.
More details here: https://promotions.fairphone.com/earphones

8 Likes

Awesome :heart_eyes:, I’m waiting for my Fairphone 3 delivery (should arrive tomorrow) and wasn’t aware of this promotion !
@alexis thank a lot for the tips !

Hi, just a short question @Ceddev :
When did you order the FP3 from fairphone?

And grats to your new phone! I am looking forward to receiving mine hopefully soon, too. :slight_smile:

Hello !
Thank you for the tip Alexis. I’ve just ordered a Fairphone 3 with /e/OS from the eFoundation on tuesday 19 may.I hope I’ll be able to benefit from this offer ?
Cheers