Fairphone 3 and /e/OS

I ordered it from /e/ on April 29, 2020.

As mentionned on the Fairphone promotion link i shared:

How it works

1. Buy a new Fairphone 3 between May 4, 2020 and May 31, 2020 at one of the participating resellers.
  2. Complete the registration form below with all required information before June 15, 2020.
  3. Within 2 working days the registration will be checked, and you will receive a response via email.
  4. If approved, the modular earphones are sent to you within 60 days after registration.

Cheers.

Alexis

3 Likes

Thank you, Alexis.
I made my decision. :+1: :grinning:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Interesting, as I ordered mine on April 27 and still haven`t gotten a shipment date, yet.

Thatā€™s an option I didnā€™t consider. Smart thinking. :+1: :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m expecting my /e/ FP3 on Monday, but thought Iā€™d apply for the earphones based on the receipt from /e/. Unfortunately, the form reports the IMEI as invalid, even though I think it looks good and it matches the first few digits suggested on the form. Do I need to somehow activate the phone with FP before they will accept the IMEI?

How do you know the IMEI before you have the FP in your hands?

The IMEI is printed on the receipt.

I registered yesterday, no problems. Maybe they made a typo on the receipt.

1 Like

Congrats guys! Have we thought about sending a phone to GSMArena? Theyā€™ve done extensive articles regarding Huaweiā€™s OS. Their exposure to this can definitely bring more people interested!

2 Likes

Please connect with Fairphone and their partner about this.
They seem to have a few issues with their partner handling the promotion. It might be that they have not had all IMEI numbers included in time from our stock.
Fairphone also told us the best way forward is to try again in one weekā€™s time, around the 28th of May.
If you have any other questions concerning the earphone promotion, please refer to this customer support email: fairphone@activationboxx.com
Cheers.

I pre-ordered the Fairphone 3 /e/ it and I received it last week.
In my opinion it is one of the best combinations ever.
Of course in an ecological way it is even better to refurbish old smartphones and install /e/ on it.
In the past I tested /e/ on an old Sony Z5C until the battery was defect.
Now I want to have parts of phones to be changed. So I decided to buy a Fairphone.
For Fairphone 3 plus /e/ all promises were fulfilled.
/e/ works great on the Fairphone. All free apps you need, work on it.
Only apps which donā€™t work with rooted phones of course do not work.
Thank you for the partnership between /e/ and Fairphone!

7 Likes

Just to clarify: A Fairphone 3 with /e/ is not rooted by default. You would have to actively take steps to root it yourself.

So the Apps in question (banking Apps?) would have issues with something else, probably something Google-related.

I can confirm: my banking apps (even such sensitive ones like DKB tan2go) are all running out of the box on FP3 with /e/.

EDIT: to be honest, in my use case there is only one issue (at least until now), which causes a work around: the lack of native chromecast support through /e/@FP3. This is the only feature, which I miss compared to the googled phones.

2 Likes

Which workaround do you use, if you donā€™t mind my asking? Iā€™m facing the same problem, e.g. not being able to stream content from media apps (like ZDFmediathek) to my Chromecast.

Hi ntp, I donā€™t want bust this thread with O.T. Iā€™ll write a (german) HOWTO in the german section. Have look there, later today.

4 Likes

Today I received my precious.
Preinstalled with /e/.
Iā€™m happy. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hi! This is first post.
Just to say how happy I am to have found /e/OS. Was going to order Fairphone 3 but is out of stock. Alexis, from the support team, said they are expecting to have new stock at the end of next week.
Is there someone here in the community from Portugal?
Best regards

2 Likes

Hello,
I was happy to receive my /e/OS Fairphone 3 last friday, but I had to wait till yesterday to get my Sim card.
I started it immediately, everything seems to word well except MAIL !
Up to now I didnā€™t manage to have my mailbox working with x----x@e.mail !
Iā€™m looking for a solution ? :cry:
Cheers

I think you made a little typo and forgot an e.
Your email address must end with e.email
So e . email

6 Likes