Fairphone 3 can't activate WiFi after install

Good morning,
i was able to flash teh system. Although i got a strange error when flashing boot.img
“fastboot: error: Couldn’t parse partition size ‘0x’.” the device did start

Unfortunately i am not able to turn on Wireless LAN. On acivation the button just flashes and gets back to “disabled”

Do you have any hints for me?

Thanks for your help
speckmorz

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I can’t say for certain, as I don’t have a Fairphone, but whenever I have had similar issues when flashing ROMs I usually had to flash a stock ROM from the manufacturer which was the same android version as the ROM which seemingly caused the problem. Hopefully someone with greater knowledge will respond to your post. Good luck!

You should search this forum for this exact error message, there were other people with that problem and they found a solution.
Without successfully flashing the boot image I would image there are more things that will not work properly.

1 Like

Sorry. You’re right. I forgot the basic search. You made my day, thank you. After flashing to boot_b (active slot) everything went fine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’d also run into issues with WiFi and bluetooth on GS290!
And here the problem was that the version of boot.img of e.foundation was to old. Stock Firmware and OS was upgraded before to a higher version. Then you might have to flash the newer boot.img from Stock ROM.
And then the other images (System, Recovery) from e-foundation.