Fairphone 4 Camera Update Through System Update

Hello,

Fairphone has sent me an e-mail stating that they will upgrade the camera through a system update for better usage, e.g.

Faster shots, better low-light shots, smoother video stabilization; your Fairphone 4 shoots more professional than ever. What are you waiting for, it’s time for an update.

Will there be an upgrade through /e/OS, too?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

8 Likes

There is also a blog post about it.

4 Likes

I read through the blog post and can’t find any information regarding e/os. Where did you find that information?

I guess @qoheniac was referring to the “sent me an e-mail” part … there’s a blog post about what the camera email was talking about, unrelated to /e/OS.

1 Like

Came here to ask the same thing. I don’t see the “system update” version on my Fairphone 4 with /e/OS.

For the time being, no one should expect Fairphone’s camera update to become available directly in /e/OS. From all I know the camera app in all /e/OS versions (regardless of device, with potentially just Murena’s own hardware excempted, but I simply don’t know) is a fork of Open Camera and not any device-specific camera app.

All you can hope is that someone makes available an .apk file that can be installed on your /e/OS FP4. So far that is not the case, see here: For a Better Camera on deGoogled Operating Systems

2 Likes

Well, Calyx seems to use the update, so perhaps /e/ will too. We will see in due time…

1 Like

New in /e/OS v2.2 :

:iphone: Fairphone 4

• You’ll now be able to enjoy Fairphone’s default camera app to take pictures if you want to, you just need to enable one setting and reboot your phone. Warning though, for now the video mode does not work, it’ll be fixed in a next release.
  • The 48MP/50MPx mode has been added into /e/OS Camera for this phone

:partying_face: