Fairphone 4 Netflix issues

Hey! I installed e/os/ on my fairphone two weeks ago, and i really love it so far.

The only problem is that the netflix app is just loading the netflix letters. It wont even let me see the login page. After 2 minutes it says error 500.-172. I alreddy contacted the netflix support witch told me that the problem is the play safe certificate. Any other app is working just fine, please help!!! :cry:

Im on eos 1.9 (thanks to easy installer), with open bootloder and not rooted. I also pass the safty net test.

What can i do? Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thank you!

Hi,

No issue on mine with Netflix official app. (Stable 1.9, no root).
I suggest you to relock the bootloader as described on the installation guide:

https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP4/install

Mind that all data on the device will be removed!

1 Like

Sorry … I’m not quite clear … you have re-locked the bootloader and you can see Netflix official ? Please can you confirm that this the case ?

You find that this is a reasonable trade off ?

To be right clear, my wife does use Netflix official app on her FP4.

She bought it at Murena shop 6 months ago. The bootloader is locked. She can connect to her account and watch movies normally.

Some apps need locked bootlader to run. I had this issue on my previous Redmi Note 7 (Lavender) also on /e/OS. The Cembra app (credit card app) didn’t work because the device did not met the security requirements.

Now this same app runs very well on my FP4 on which I installed /e/OS myself using the command lines. (with locked bootloader).
Indeed, I used those 2 commands at the end of the installation:

fastboot flashing lock_critical
fastboot flashing lock

So I can’t guarantee that it will work for you, but I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t…

Maybe Hide my IP is activated for the Netflix app with Advanced Privacy?

Hey! Thank you for your response, but this is not the case.

Thank you for your response. I installed e/os/ using the easy installer, it didnt mention to close the bootloder. Isnt it risky now? :thinking: i dont want to brick my phone…:sweat_smile:

It’s not supposed to be risky. But 0 risk does not exist…

Thank you very much for your help! Closing the bootloader solved my problem.