Fairphone 4: "No SIM", no connection, no "Mobile Data" - although there IS a SIMcard

Hello,

I am really having an issue with my Fairphone 4. Since a couple of days, I lost the connection (only WLAN is working): on the main display it says “no service”, in the little blue quick menu I can’t click on “Mobile Data” → it says: “No SIM card”.
And if I go on “Settings” → “Network and Internet”, there is no option “Mobile Data” anymore, and I also can’t click on “Calls and SMS”, which also says: “No SIM”.

Although: my SIM Card is in the phone.

I already tried:

• Aeroplane mode
  • safe mode
  • Power off
  • Restart
  • I removed the SIM
  • I cleaned the phone
  • I contacted my provider (O2 Germany), who said everything must be fine
  • I tried to use the SIM in another phone, where it worked with no problems

I am using a Fairphone 4 /e/-OS.

Please: Can you help me? Thanks a lot in advance, Lena

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

What is the age of your SIM? Perhaps it’s to old for a Fairphone. There are other people stating that their SIM doesn’t work in their Fairphone, but works in a phone from another brand.

Try to turn off VoLTE!

Mmh, I have no idea about the age of the SIM. Apparently it’s a couple of years old…

How can I turn off VoLTE?

Have you found a fix? The exact same thing happened to me after a network outage on Three UK a couple of days ago. I somehow managed to ‘remove’ my (physical) SIM and consequently the option to add it again. Other SIMs in FP4 are working fine, and original SIM is recognised and working in other phones.

My suspicion is /e/OS on FP4 remembers and blacklists the IMSI or other SIM serial identifier of a once-removed SIM card to prevent it from ever being added again, so the only current option is to get a replacement SIM. This is far from ideal in my case as I travel a lot and cannot risk deactivating/reactivating SIM while abroad.

Cheers

Jay

Is your firmware android level related to /e/OS android level ?

android 12 → s
android 13 → t

Hi Piero,

If you are referring to the e/OS version, I am on Android 12 running 1.17-s stable: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/releases/v1.17-s

Thanks,

Jay

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.