Fairphone 4 re-lock bootlocker without bricking

here

Does OTA update wprk for ur fp4? It doesnt for mine

It does not.
But I was able to successfully upgrade to 1.10 using the command line method here using the flash_FP4_factory.sh shell script in a git bash shell as directed on Windows 10.

But the Android Security Update still shows March 5, 2023. I’m not sure that is after the security release of the original Android 12 I was running.

I need to know if it is possible to rollback to the original android 12 release that was running before I moved to this new OS to determine what the original Security release was.

None of the 227 devices supported by /e/ has a higher Android security patch level than March 5, 2023. According to the well-known /e/ rules, an update to April 5, 2023 can only be expected one month later, i.e. in May with the next update build.

@bcbc, If you flashed over stock FP4 on March 11 you would likely have been on Feb security patch.

See the Fairphone Release Notes:

Release date: 3rd Mar 2023
Android version: 12
Software Version: FP4.SP21.B.048
Security Patch Level: 5th February 2023

Going back to stock on Fairphone for something trivial not a good idea in my opinion.

@joe009 ,The next release for FP4 rolled out as OTA on 7April but may depend where you are as to how soon after it reached you. I got my FP4 in UK on 8 April and when I turned it on the upate notification was there same day.

Release date: 7th Apr 2023
Android version: 12
Software Version: FP4.SP25.B.058
Security Patch Level: 5th March 2023

Current eOS-1.10 dev and stable on March security patch, as you know.

In theory you should both be able to relock at this point but I would say never relock a FP4 without first checking to see if it can be unlocked again in case something goes wrong. Always check in fastboot first with

fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability

1= ok, 0= you will not be able to unlock again . If it fails to boot there is nothing you can do. If you live near the Fairphone repair contractor Cordon then it’s not too difficult to send back.

Another useful check sometimes is to see the current lock status of critical partitions with

oem device-info

I know for a fact that locking the stable build is possible; a friend of mine flashed his and locked it but he was android 11 at the time. I’m still not convinced about the same being true for dev, but it would be good to know somehow.

Hello all and happy new year 2024.

Murena said that FP4 should recieve directly android “t” in February. We can hope that the bootloader will be locked automatically with this update…

FP4 /e/OS T stable release postponed to v1.20 (tentative ETA Feb 2024)

Best regards.

Jérôme