Fairphone 4 will not charge

My Murena Fairphone 4 no longer takes a charge. I tried swapping out the battery with a spare I have on hand and reseating the charging port. Support wants me to backup the data and send the phone in for repair, but there is not enough charge left to do a backup. Any idea how I can charge a battery outside of the phone?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Try putting your battery on ICE that is in the freeze compartment of the fridge overnight. It is my experience that a once (over)heated battery charges very poorly. Then try charging again. You might get lucky.

hi Jpolache You could use a portable charger or power bank.

Does the phone make a sound when you plug in charger and show lighting bolt in battery?

I have a power bank. The phone will not charge from it either.

No, it does not. No response of any kind.

I don’t own a FP4 but I am almost sure it has USB C charger, I think it’s standard now.

Look in the USB C connector on the phone and look for lint or other dirt in there. Find someone or something with compressed air, many workplaces have a compressor. With out using to much air pressure blow any dirt or lint out of the connector.

Do not insert any metal object into the connector as you can cause an electric short. If you really have to insert anything in the connector make sure it is plastic or wood. The average toothpick is to large.

I have seen this happen on two occasions with the USB C that lint gets in the connector.

Good-luck and I hope that is all that is wrong with the phone :slight_smile:

I replaced the charging port. The phone now charges as expected.

Please mark it as a solution to close the post