Fairphone data corrupted after disassembly

Hi,

tldr.:
Fairphon 4 5G
/e/ OS Version 1.13
Bootloader unlocked
Opened for cleaning, then reassembeled, now data is corrupted and phone is stuck in bootloop. :frowning:
Booted into recovery, did a “factory reset”, still bootloop.
Should i reinstall the OS? Link to guide?
/tldr

I am new to the forum :wave: I am paranoid about being surveyed without my consent and my data being collected and auctioned off to people i don’t know. I also don’t have the time and resources to do more about that than worry a lot and choose another OS. Now i have a problem with said OS.

I wrote a lengthy post what happened that on the Fairphone-forum:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/device-not-booting-after-disassembly-for-cleaning-are-magnetic-bits-to-blame/100530

Could you please give a noob directions? I think i need to reinstall e/ but i am unsure. Also i know there is on that somewhere but i can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi @Schwabi welcome to the /e/ forum.

To find such a page you start from Supported devices then search for your device Fairphone FP4 – Guides.

You say you already did a “factory reset” so there is no data to loose, so taking the route of an install as if from new seems a reasonable option.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.