[FEATURE PROPOSAL] Calendar: be able to delete/change event of a serie

Hi,

I use Calendar app and I created some series of event.
But I see that it’s not possible to delete/change just some events of the serie: you have to delete/change all events or one event and the next ones.

It’s a little bit annoying!
So the idea is to be able to change/delete one event in a serie without changing all the next events

If you are interested, like the idea or post some comments!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

That functionality is present in the latest version of ETAR in LOS. I’m thought it had been present in earlier versions.
Select one instance of the recurring event: a dialog is shown with the choices

• only this event
  • all events in the series
  • this and all future events

Are those options not available in the /e/ Calendar? If they are not, they should be there next time /e/ merge changes from upstream

Hi @petefoth,

thanks for that goods news! Indeed in /e/ Calendar (at least with R 1.7 on Samsung A5 2017), the first choice (only this event) doesn’t exist.
So now it would be good to know when dev team plan to update Calendar apps :wink:
Who can tell us about that?

I just checked, and this functionality is already present in /e/OS.

If I try to edit the first event in the series, then I see just the two choices

If I try to edit a later instance then I see all choices

• only this event
1 Like

Hi @petefoth,

unfortunately, I doubled check on different events and still the same issue on my side… the “only this event” entry is never displayed.
So it seems it would be a bug for my device/version.
What is your version?
Me I’m using 1.7 R (1.8 R is not available for an unknown reason)

just FYI, a bug has been submitted for the missing possibility on 1.7 R on my device (Calendar: not able to delete/change event of a serie (#6707) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab)