[Feature proposal] camera shortcut in lock screen

Hello !

A friend and I both have devices running /e/Q, and noticed that there is no way to launch the camera app from the lock screen.

The feature would be as follows :

On classic Android, it was a camera icon at the bottom right of the screen. This allows to take pictures quickly and easily without having to unlock the smartphone. The picture(s) taken can then be displayed, while the rest of the gallery is not accessible as the phone is locked.

Apologies if this was already requested, I searched the forum but could not find anything related to this topic.

Thank you so much for all your work making a privacy-conscious ROM a reality !

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

If I push the power button twice fast it open my camera. Maybe it is similar for you.

6 Likes

I did not know about this, thank you :smiley:

Still, I think a shortcut icon would be a great feature, which I hope will be implemented one day.

You can also add/activate the Camera symbol to the status bar, which is accessible even from locked screen.

Thanks for the tipp with double-click on power butten, hadn’t known that one :grinning:

Hi, if it’s that I think, so you can already do it through Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Lock screen settings -> Modify shortcuts -> Left or Right -> Select what’s you want (in your case, camera app). Then, check in the bottom corner on your lock screen.

1 Like

I couldn’t find this in my Fairphone /e/ OS

System > gestures > Jump to Camera

Should get you there, otherwise try searching for camera in settings :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately this starts the camera for me but a message appears that Camera requires permissions (which are all allowed).

@chogo If permissions are set correctly, and if you’re using the stock camera app, then have a last check into the camera settings at “More control over camera” panel (or something like this), you should check if “Show camera when locked” (sorry, english is not my natural language, I try to translate, that way, setting name may differ depending of your language interface) is enabled, it should work…

1 Like

I use another camera app as standard. If I switch the standard app that works (thanks for the hint). However, shortcuts from lock screen (Nova Launcher) don’t work.

Please don’t do this.
My old nokia had this and it was the most annoying thing ever.