Feature request for e.1.10t

1. Internet access as permission for installed apps
  2. Make bootloader relockable

Asvanced Privacy is wonderful

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

I would also like to see an Internet access setting in the permission settings. As for locking the bootloader, I don’t think this will be possible on many devices in the future, since it would probably be a big hassle on the one hand, and on the other hand it wouldn’t even be possible on some devices as far as I know. However, in my opinion, the risks of a locked bootloader are also very limited, since in order to install any badware on the smartphone, the perpetrator would have to get his hands on the device directly, which is very unlikely.

2 Likes

For reference … [LIST] Devices where bootloader can be relocked

Yes, almost only pixels and fairphones. Others like oneplus should be elected too

Is this your recommendation for your proposed list of “verified boot devices” ?

This article might help inform A discussion about bootloader locking/unlocking… AKA I want to relock my bootloader, should I?.

2 Likes

Not only. I just want more relockable mobiles

Additionally to @aibd’s link (Thanks, by the way), please consider https://source.android.com/docs/security/features/verifiedboot/device-state?hl=en, especially note the “Devices can optionally allow” part.

So, the question would be: How many devices are out there

• allowing this,
  • running /e/OS,
  • not allowing relocking the bootloader when it theoretically could be implemented?

I’m not holding my breath for the relockable devices list expanding significantly in short time, but I’m all for positive surprises.

1 Like

Thank you too for the link. I tried to read it but my bad english level didnt help me. Anyway I’ll try to buy one of the relockable devices and run eOs

You can select a language top right of the page.

Thank you, i’ll try again.