Fedora and mounting files through webdav

Hi All,

I’m trying to set up cloud file access via either the online accounts app or Nemo file manager running on fedora 37 running Cinnamon desktop. I’ve enable 2FA for access to the web UI and for accessing via apps, have generated an app password in the settings before copying the webdav URL from the settings page on the files section of the webui, but while authentication seems to succeed, I receive the message “Cannot find WebDAV endpoint”.

The server path is on the format “https://murena.io/remote.php/dav/files/username%40e.email/” where username is my email address.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem as I’ve reached the point where I’m going round in circles.

Thanks in advance,

Jools

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,

Maybe some tips here: Accessing Nextcloud files using WebDAV — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation

Hi, thanks for replying.

I gave them a go last night but it just doesn’t seem to connect. Disabled the firewall as well but I’ll go through again tonight with a fresh head on to see if I missed any of it out.

Will let you know how it goes.

it will probably work in nemo with “davs://murena.io/remote.php/webdav

option 2 and 3 would be using davfs via fstab or cinnamons gnome online accounts (goa) component (that itself would use gvfs - that thing that makes the nemo davs:// protocol work)

Hi All,

Apologies for taking a while to get back. I tried Nemo’s sever mount but it fails so I went back to fstab and used an app password to get around the 2FA and it does seem to be working so thanks everyone.

As suggested by other uses, follow the linux command line webdav section on Accessing Nextcloud files using WebDAV — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation. Obtain an app usename and password from the security section of Murena’s settings page.

Thansk again,

Jools

1 Like