Feedback for v1.10

True …

Did you try to reboot the phone ?

Yes, I tried several times. Is there a way to go back to the previous version of /e/?

@9135ch as yours is not a “verified boot” device it should be possible to

adb sideload

the previous version found here : https://images.ecloud.global/dev/hotdogb/

e-1.9-s-20230312268558-dev-hotdogb.zip

1 Like

Can I just do the sideload command or do have to format the phone, etc.?
=> “Denying OTA because it’s SPL downgrade” I guess I have to format…

Have upgraded to 1.10s (Samsung Galaxy S10+) and it’s working well.

But I see the already reported issue around Advanced Privacy and Microsoft login URL is still present (if Advanced Privacy is on, neither Teams nor Outlook can connect).

Yes … I seem to remember more than one report of “touch screen / touchscreen is not responding” in brief searching I found this (is OnePlus 7T Pro ‘hotdog’) Feedback for v1.9 - #17 by anon29344687 . Might be worth investigating further before you wipe your data ?

Also: OnePlus 8T Touchscreen Doesn't Work After Install

2 Likes

I have backups :slight_smile: )
Thank you, I will try this tonight.

If you look at Advanced Privacy in more detail you can enable/disable the trackers found within outlook on a case by case basis. Normally, from memory, you only need to disable “mobile engagement” to send the emails.

Maybe it could help…

I tried performing the update on FP3, from 1.9.1-s, but my device is now stuck on boot screen.
I have just created a topic for this:
Device stuck on boot screen after 1.10-s update - FP3.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.9-dev
The device is: Not rooted

1 Like

Hello,

My Fairphone 3 was running /e/OS-1.9.1-s;
a few hours ago I downloaded the proposed 1.10-s update (can’t see the exact build version, given my issue).
After the background update process finished, I have hit ‘restart’ but now my device is stuck on boot screen (with “Fairphone” and “Powered by android”, not the one with /e/ logo) since 1 hour.

I fear that pressing Power+Volume buttons might break it even further, as it was performing an update.
Can I do it? Or do you have any other advice?

I know of this feature, but it still doesn’t work for these two apps.
I remember reading something in a thread (maybe in the 1.9 feedback thread, but I can’t exactly remember) that there is a bug: when advanced privacy is enabled, one of the URLs needed for Microsoft login cannot be accessed, at all - it was officially logged as a bug. It seems the fix for this bug was not included in the 1.10 update (hopefully it will make it into the next update)

1 Like

After that much time, you can do it, there’s not much else to do.

Keeping the power button pressed for about 15 seconds will force a reboot.
Keeping Volume + pressed while starting/rebooting the phone will boot the phone into recovery mode.
Keeping Volume - pressed while starting/rebooting the phone will boot the phone into Fastboot Mode.

2 Likes

I did that in the end, and it worked. My phone now shows 1.10-s-20230413279105-dev-FP3 as current version.
Tried rebooting a second time without issue.

Thank you.

Note: my storage only has 4.63 GB (now, after the update is finished). Could this be a cause of the issue? (Since it is an A/B device, I suppose not, but just asking)

1 Like

Hello,

• Xiaomi
  • Mi8
  • dipper
  • previous /e/ version: 1.10-beta.2-s-20230403274741-dev
  • not rooted

I left the test channel and updated to 1.10-s via OTA. No install bug and the device is ok.

Thanks to the Team!

1 Like

I cannot definitely say if this caused it, but I’d strongly recommend to clear some storage. There’s no fixed amount, but I usually recommend to other FP3 users to keep 20% free (it appears there’s just over 7% left on yours) to avoid laggy performance, slowly launching apps etc.

1 Like

Samsung S8 (950F)
Prev ver: 1.9
not rooted
all seems ok

1 Like

On FP4 stable the build is visible here but not with the updater on the device.

The 1.10 doesnt appear ota when i go to update. It says my 1.9 is thr latest build

Can someone post step by step guide for fp4 on how to manually update to 1.10

I have magisk isntalled, would that update break it? Does the phone need bootloader unlocked ? Will we be able to relock the bootloader with the new security patch update?

Hello,
on my Poco F3 (alioth, not rooted), update was fine from 1.9 to 1.10.
All seems to be OK.
Thanks