Feedback for v1.10

After a nearly entire April month without GPS more than 1 or 2 minutes in my 2 usual apps, updating to 1.10 (Q) on 22th didn’t help.
See https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/5984.

Hi,

I just updated to e-1.10-s-20230413279105-dev-monet.zip and since then I have no internet connection. An exclamation mark is visible on the network icon.
I deleted the APNs, removed and reinstated my SIM card. I reinstalled the update. The problem persists.
When I restart sometimes I have Internet and then it disconnects.

Thanks for your feedback,

Vendor Name : XIAOMI
Device name : Mi10 lite
Device CodeName : Monet
Version of /e/OS : 1.10
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : NOT
1 Like

Yes, it was. I double-checked the file name just now.

Hello,
FP4 with OTA update from V1.9 to V1.10 is now possible.
Everything looks good so far.
@eOS Team: Thank you very much
BR
Mark

3 Likes

Do I need to rollback (which isn’t going to be easy since Seedvault backups are unstable)? This is a service I pay for; there needs be better support if you guys are going to make it.

• Vendor Name Fairphone
  • Device name FP3
  • Device CodeName FP3
  • Version 1.9.1-s-20230405276851-stable-FP3
  • Is the device Not rooted

No OTA Update is showing in the updated App.
Ist there a problem?

1 Like

Try to refresh the update page a few times, then it will show up…

1 Like

Thank you. That worked!

1 Like

Vendor Name: GigaSet
Device name: GS290
Device CodeName
Version of /e/OS existed previously: /e/OS 1.9…-GS290

Is the device is not rooted

Update processed without any issues.

No issues detected until now (no echo with calls, wlan ok, mobile data ok).

Many thanks to the developers, tester and PM´s and all of you helped to provide /e/ and especially v1.10.

Nice smal changes of the design.

Bahut achha :-)
1 Like
  • Teracube
  • 2e (2021)
  • Emerald
  • v1.9.0
  • Not Rooted

The phone fails to boot successfully, instead booting into Recovery each time the v1.10 OTA update is applied, requiring a reset from Recovery to use, reverting back to v1.9.0

1 Like

/e/ user

3h

• Vendor Name Fairphone
  • Device name FP3
  • Device CodeName FP3
  • Version 1.9.1-s-20230405276851-stable-FP3
  • Is the device Not rooted

Download and Installation took nearly 1 hour.
At the end the updater didn’t prompt for restart.
After bringing the updater to the foreground, the Button for restart was there.
Everything seems to work fine.
Thank you to the Team!

1 Like

You have reported on this thread Post #70 that your Moto G 5G / Motorola One 5G Ace – ‘kiev’ has become unusable due to the update to e-1.10-s-20230413279105-dev-kiev.

I do not know how significant is another reported Moto G failure /e/OS crashes randomly after a few Minutes as it is a different build, Moto G 5G Plus ‘nairo’

One always hopes that the contents of this thread where failure is mentioned will find its way back to the developers. To be certain one should Report an issue.

If one did decide to rollback to the previous version, e-1.9-s, one would use adb sideload and, yes, one would need to format data.

1 Like

The OTA update for FP4 were avalible today.
All worked fine.
Thank you all.

2 Likes

Fairphone
FP3/3+
“FP3”
1.9.1s stable
Not rooted

Despite seeing reports of FP3+ users updating to 1.10, the updater does not offer this update to me.

Oneplus 9 pro (lemonadep) also did not come back after the 10 update for me.
It is now stuck on qualcomm crashdump screen.

Did you already try to refresh the updater a few times (button top right, next to the three dot menu)?

1 Like

Nowadays I always click a few times on the refresh button (had that issue before), but after your post, I tried trice more, and yo! There it was…
Thanks for "unlocking* me :smile:

1 Like

If you keep the installation task “on top” and make sure the device remains active (i.e. not in black screen/standby), it will be way quicker. You can use the tool “Koffein” (German … in English probably caffeine) to keep the device active. (Search for “caffeine quick tile” online, it is pre-installed in e OS as well.)

2 Likes

Samsung S9 plus x 2
Update to 1.10 from 1.9 all went smoothly, seemed much faster update process (after download) than normal.

Only just done, so will give feedback later if something doesn’t work.

Samsung S7, smooth update from 1.9 to 1.10.

2 Likes