Feedback for v1.10

Hello,

• Xiaomi
  • Mi8
  • dipper
  • previous /e/ version: 1.10-beta.2-s-20230403274741-dev
  • not rooted

I left the test channel and updated to 1.10-s via OTA. No install bug and the device is ok.

Thanks to the Team!

1 Like

I cannot definitely say if this caused it, but I’d strongly recommend to clear some storage. There’s no fixed amount, but I usually recommend to other FP3 users to keep 20% free (it appears there’s just over 7% left on yours) to avoid laggy performance, slowly launching apps etc.

1 Like

Samsung S8 (950F)
Prev ver: 1.9
not rooted
all seems ok

1 Like

On FP4 stable the build is visible here but not with the updater on the device.

The 1.10 doesnt appear ota when i go to update. It says my 1.9 is thr latest build

Can someone post step by step guide for fp4 on how to manually update to 1.10

I have magisk isntalled, would that update break it? Does the phone need bootloader unlocked ? Will we be able to relock the bootloader with the new security patch update?

Hello,
on my Poco F3 (alioth, not rooted), update was fine from 1.9 to 1.10.
All seems to be OK.
Thanks

You should be able to update OTA. Still not available for FP4.

Builds will be rolling out in a staggered manner over the next couple of days. It will be released for a few devices at a time.

Hello
Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Mi10T Lite
Device CodeName: gauguin
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.9-s-20230311268558-dev-gauguin
and 1.10-beta.2-s-20230403274741-dev-gauguin
The device is: Not rooted

English version below

J’ai eu plusieurs un souci au passage de 1.8.1 vers 1.9 qui m’ont obligĂ© Ă  repasser sous ROM Stock.

J’ai suspectĂ© la modification du fichier /system/build.prop que j’ai effectuĂ©e pour faire fonctionner mon application bancaire (Xiaomi, faut-il rebloquer le bootloader - #3 by saroumane38).

Aussi pour cette migration j’ai procĂ©dĂ© en 2 temps:

• Tout d’abord avec fichier build.prop non modifiĂ©, je suis passĂ© sous 1.10.beta.2 sans soucis.
  • Ensuite j’ai modifiĂ© le fichier system/build.prop et lancĂ© la migration vers 1.10 => au redĂ©marrage j’ai eu un message “Echec de mise Ă  jour”. Mais contrairement aux fois prĂ©cĂ©dentes je n’ai pas notĂ© de soucis de fonctionnement mais le systĂšme est restĂ© en 1.10 beta.

Je remercie ici @PraksuQ pour son commentaire (Feedback for v1.10 - #2 by PraksuQ) car j’ai essayĂ© sa commande adb enable-verity qui a permis de rĂ©gler ce problĂšme.

J’ai toutefois Ă©tĂ© obligĂ© de modifier Ă  nouveau le fichier build.prop pour faire fonctionner mon appli de banque.

A quoi sert ce fichier build.prop et que fait la commande adb enable-verity Ă  part supprimer mes modifications (sachant que je n’ai pas rĂ©glĂ© mes soucis en remettant manuellement le fichier Ă  son Ă©tat d’origine) ?

English version
I had several problems when I went from 1.8.1 to 1.9 that forced me to switch back to ROM Stock.

I suspected the modification of the /system/build.prop file that I made to make my banking application work (Xiaomi, faut-il rebloquer le bootloader - #3 by saroumane38).

So for this migration I proceeded in 2 steps:

• First with unmodified build.prop file, I switched to 1.10.beta.2 without worries.
  • Then I modified the system/build.prop file and launched the migration to 1.10 => when I restarted I got a “Failed to update” message. But contrary to the previous times I did not notice any problem but the system remained in 1.10 beta.

I thank here @PraksuQ for his comment (Feedback for v1.10 - #2 by PraksuQ) because I tried his adb enable-verity command which solved this problem.

However, I had to modify again the build.prop file to make my bank application work.

What is the purpose of this build.prop file and what does the adb enable-verity command do besides deleting my modifications (knowing that I did not solve my problems by manually restoring the file to its original state)?

1 Like
  • OnePlus
  • 9 Pro
  • LE2127 (Not supported)
  • /e/OS 1.9-s
  • Not rooted

Updated via OTA. I think all it’s working fine, thank you!

1 Like

I have the same issue as MaMaTT88 - no upgrade via updater on FP4

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP4
Is the device Rooted / Not Rooted: Not Rooted

My second Phone

Vendor Name: Oneplus
Device name: 8 Pro
Device CodeName: instantnoodlep
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.8.1-r-20230206257804-dev-instantnoodlep
Is the device Rooted / Not Rooted: Not Rooted

has not received the update for 1.9 (see https://images.ecloud.global/dev/instantnoodlep/ as well as 1.10 (yet).

@Manoj: Are dev builds for Android R discontinued on instantnoodlep?

Thank you for your effort =)

1 Like

Hi @berndg yes, the R builds have been discontinued. As announced in the weekly updates, we will now support only the latest OS version for each device. Helps with the storage space issues on the servers and more importantly helps the developers focus on one OS version for a device.

2 Likes

Is the fact that fp4 rooted going to break the OS with the update?

Vendor Name: Sony
Device name: XZ1 Compact (G8441)
Device CodeName: lilac
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.9 (March 12,2023)
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Lack of audio in earspeaker during calls. Loudspeaker works.

This issue carried over from 1.9.

I think the malfunction was not there in 1.8.1, although it had occurred several versions prior in an unofficial build before I started getting OTA updates. I corrected it myself back then, by removing SIM and making an XMPP call, then reinserting SIM. (EDIT: My fix doesn’t seem to work anymore.)

For calling accounts, I also have XMPP and SIP, in addition to the mobile carrier, all integrated into the native phone dialer app.

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: S10e
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.9-s
Not rooted

No issues. Thanks to the team!

1 Like

I finally did like Gianna.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Version e-1.10-r-20230415279828-dev-h850

Vendor Name: LG
Device name: G5
Device CodeName: h850
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.7-q without FM-Radio
The device is: Not rooted

Manually upgrade h850 to /e/ R: System starts, but gets stuck in the animated e-logo = bootloop
Fresh clear installation R-V1.10: Starts, but gets stuck in the animated e-logo = bootloop

Both installation variants executed three times each = always the same negative result.

For comparison: Fresh clear installation with lineage-19.1-20230416-nightly-h850-signed.
Result: Flawless startup and perfectly functioning including FM radio.

1 Like

The download and installation as always have taken quite a while but everything went well.
So far everything goes perfect on my Motorola moto g7 power.
Thanks team for your effort.

Hello, I’m new here. I searched but couldn’t find a “release note”.
Can I find somewhere a note where it explains what’s new in 1.10 ?

hello @Damoleon
here: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/releases

3 Likes