Feedback for v1.11

Hello everyone
Since the update from 1.10 to 1.11, the fingerprint reader option has disapeared from everywhere. Some apps don’t work anymore (MS Authenticator or AuthPass) because they get stuck on startup looking for the fingerprint reader.

• Vendor Name: ASUS

• Device name: ZENPHONE 8

• Device CodeName: sake

• Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.11

• Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Rooted

Anyone else?! Any recommendations? I’m currently looking for an easy way to reverse to 1.10.
Cheers debru

On 1.11-q-20230514289715-dev-a3xelte I see no opportunity to prioritise.

Searching org.lineageos.updater + priority + background I got many gemerally uninformed hits – I did find this: Updater crashes with “Prioritize update process” #5416.

I try to remember to adjust Settings > Display > Advanced > Screen timeout to 10 minutes and let the updater do its stuff within sight. Mine is not an A/B device.

and more : aurora cannot be used any more. Always running with anonymous account.

1.11-s-20230511288805-dev-FP3
Settings - Updater - (3 dot menu top right) - Preferences- Prioritise update process?

I assume that´s maybe either device dependent (?) or only availbale when an update is downloadad but not yet installed (?) as I do not have such an option either (S7)
edit: never experienced updates taking longer than say 15-20 min

Like I said, it is not seen … this issue is device specific, perhaps / probably A/B plays a part.

2 Likes

same here but probably not a 1.11 issue
rather this: https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/issues/912
refer to comment/statement by Aayush Gupta

just did my pending app-updates successfully with App Lounge

(edits)

Fairphone 3+. Previously on /e/OS 1.10. Still having issues with old files created with Notes. This is a Bliss launcher issue. The only workaround for me was to install the app Lawnchair (could not find Lawnchair 2 in the App Store). On a separate note I would like to see updates respect existing choices made in Notifications, i.e., maintaining emergency alerts to be disabled. Also F-Droid no longer working. The store cannot be viewed, just a blank screen plus message that all apps are up-to-date.

Struck by this bug on FP3, media storage using vast majority of my battery after updating to 1.11-stable.

Removed my account in settings until it is rectified.

This issue was reported some time back specifically on A/B devices. Suggest users add their comments to the issue on Gitlab

1 Like

Same here, but in the end it worked just fine.

Thanks a lot for this. Never saw this until now. Let’s see if this will have an effect next time.

Samsung
Galaxy S7
SM-G930F
Version 1.8.1 Q Stable-herolte
Not rooted

Hello,
I upgraded from version 1.10 to 1.11 without any problems.
Thank you to the whole team for keeping this old phone running smoothly.
Claude

1 Like

FP4
Update worked without issues so far.
Thank you once again e Team and a big thumbs up!

I did not experience this issue after the update to 1.11 with my Zen8. The fingerprint reader is still fine for unlocking the phone and in apps.

You can also use the “caffeine” function. It leaves the screen on once for 5, 10, 30 min or permantly.

1 Like

One reason I can think of is, that I have “Shelter” installed, which seems to be rather deep in the OS.

• Vendor Name: fairphone
  • Device name: fp3
  • Device CodeName: fp3
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e1.10
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: bootloader locked

OTA update worked but

1. still cannot connect to garmin watch via blue tooth since update from 1.9
  2. camera app stores empty images (0B size) after some time, so almost all my vacation picutes are lost :frowning:
  3. cannot create folder on sd card (tested with files and galery app)

What way is your SD card formatted? Phone storage or portable storage?
(If it is the latter, the term “portable storage” or “Mobiler Speicher” should be listed in Settings > Storage)

1 Like
  • Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : FP3+
  • Device CodeName : FP3
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : /e/OS v1.10
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not Rooted

Update went smoothly.
1 bug noticed in the App Lounge : privacy score is not always correct (apps with many trackers sometimes get 9/10 when it should be much lower). But I see that this issue is already under discussion at Gitlab.