Feedback for v1.11

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : FP4 5G
Device CodeName : FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : /e/OS v1.10
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not Rooted

Everything works well. It seems that the fingerprint is running better…

Thank you /e/OS team. Best regards.

When I go to settings =>storage I can select between FP3 and Sd card but no information how it was formated. But it works after freeing some memory. So it seems that it was my fault, but there was no warning that there is not enough space left.
Thanks for your fast feedback!

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : FP4
Device CodeName : FP4
Version of /e/OS: v1.10 stable
Device is not Rooted

I have battery drain twice as much as before than v 1.10. It seems Advanced Privacy mostly. Maybe with some days of use will getting better.

• Vendor Name: fairphone
  • Device name: fp3
  • Device CodeName: fp3
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e1.10
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: bootloader locked

Another bug
1)When I move pictures to a folder on my SD card (where my photos are stored by default) almost all pictures are empty 0B size and they are gone. I checked the photos before moving and they were correct.

1. aurora store does not start
    Unfortunately, since the e1.10 and e1.11 update, there are a few bugs that significantly limit usability
Vendor Name xiaomi
Device name A1
Device CodeName tissot
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously v1.10S
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted :unlocked not rooted

Shows and downloads the update, but when starting installing the updater crashes.
Thanks for the work!

Aurora is a different story:

Fairphone 3+
FP3
From 1.10s stable
Not rooted

Updated in 30 minutes following download (screen on & phone left alone).

Differently to usual the phone went straight into ‘Preparing for first boot’ after verifying the download with no ‘Install’ prompt offered, hence no user input at that stage.

Initial testing has found only two issues, which have been resolved.

Camera photo settings were found to have changed to ‘RAW only’ from standard & RAW, but that was readily reset.

An App Lounge update appeared not to be downloading, but after clearing cache & rebooting a few times, then leaving it alone in the background it did finally update, so may not be related to the 1.11 update.

Vendor: Gigaset
Device: GS 290
Previous Version of /e/ OS: 1.10
Rooted: No

Updated yesterday, later in the day. Update went without problems, quite fast. Today the device works as usual. It seems to me like the battery consumption is smaller now (since 7:30 until now, 19:33) just 7%, so from 100% to 93%. But this can have many causes, so I’ll watch it and report back.

1 Like

Samsung
S7edge
SM G935F
Not rooted

The notes still do not sync.

App Version: 3.7.1
App Version Code: 3007001
App Flavor: ACCOUNT_MANAGER

Files App Version Code: 402060000

---

OS Version: 3.18.91-g35f12d2389e(eng.root.20230509.190356)
OS API Level: 29
Device: hero2ltexx
Manufacturer: samsung
Model (and Product): SM-G935F (hero2ltexx)

---

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.nextcloud.android.sso.exceptions.UnknownErrorException: Read timed out
	at io.reactivex.internal.util.ExceptionHelper.wrapOrThrow(ExceptionHelper.java:46)
	at io.reactivex.internal.observers.BlockingMultiObserver.blockingGet(BlockingMultiObserver.java:93)
	at io.reactivex.Maybe.blockingGet(Maybe.java:2321)
	at io.reactivex.Observable.blockingSingle(Observable.java:5381)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesServerSyncTask.pullRemoteChanges(NotesServerSyncTask.java:221)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesServerSyncTask.run(NotesServerSyncTask.java:96)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:462)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: com.nextcloud.android.sso.exceptions.UnknownErrorException: Read timed out
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.AidlNetworkRequest.performNetworkRequestV2(AidlNetworkRequest.java:188)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI.performNetworkRequestV2(NextcloudAPI.java:159)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI.lambda$performRequestObservableV2$0$com-nextcloud-android-sso-api-NextcloudAPI(NextcloudAPI.java:113)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI$$ExternalSyntheticLambda0.subscribe(Unknown Source:6)
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableFromPublisher.subscribeActual(ObservableFromPublisher.java:31)
	at io.reactivex.Observable.subscribe(Observable.java:12284)
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableSingleMaybe.subscribeActual(ObservableSingleMaybe.java:31)
	at io.reactivex.Maybe.subscribe(Maybe.java:4290)
	at io.reactivex.Maybe.blockingGet(Maybe.java:2320)
	... 8 more

Thank you

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.10
Device is not Rooted

I updated to 1.11 without any problems.

However, since the upgrade to 1.9, my phone STILL loses WiFi-Connection after a random time. This can range from 20 minutes to 2 hours, but when the screensaver is on, my phone will definitely lose WiFI-Connection at some point.

Apart from this (and the horrendous Android 12): Thanks for keeping my FP3 alive!

I’d still recommend to change the formatting from phone storage to portable storage if there is no “portable storage” (or “Mobiler Speicher” line) directly shown at Settings > Storage. Phone storage has kept producing lost photos on FP3s and other phones ever since it was introduced with Android 9 or 10.

The warning that was shown to me when I formatted an SD card in my FP3+ in /e/OS Q or R:

Portable storage won’t let you move apps to the card, but phone storage has just kept causing the errors described.

EDIT: SORRY, the "portable storage" / "Mobiler Speicher" line unfortunately does not show anymore under Android 12. Here's what is shown in FILES with my portable storage SD card – I think if it was phone storage, the EJECT symbol probably would not show (if the card is listed there at all):

• Vendor Sony
  • Device XA 2
  • Device pioneer
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.10
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted not rooted

After the (strangely) long update process, the bootloader on my Sony XA 2 no longer finds a bototable Android system.
Update ota failed.

Working very well, thank eOS.

Vendor Name: Google
Device name: Pixel 4a5g
Device CodeName: bramble
previous OS: eOS 1.1
Not rooted

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Device CodeName: FP4
Current version of /e/OS: 1.11-s-20230510288098-stable-FP4
Device not rooted

Dual SIM in use
Advanced privacy: only Trackers Denied
VPN: AirVPN (with Eddie) always on
No mobile data enabled

Upgrade went OK. Since then, I have much more battery drain as with 1.10. Battery usage says: Mobile network 31%, screen 1% (used for 15 minutes). No others.

1. memory size not displayed accurately

2. 400 GB sdxc card not accepted “as is” but promped to format it whereas a 64 GB formerly used in another device is accepted without issues at all.

rooted: yes
previously installed FP stock ROM

Hello @HarryRag ,
Just to mention:
FP 4 murena
Previous version: 1.10.s-stablefp4
When manually updating in AppLounge, since v1.11 update, the update all button doesn’t trigger the update of all apps anymore.

FP3

Version 1.11 feels a lot more sluggish, especially compared to v 1.10, which felt much smoother than its previous versions.

On a side note, I’ve found out that all my issues were down to one thing: 4G not being accessible (or something approaching) until I toggle it off and on again. Let me explain: if I launch the browser, the navigation app, etc… they won’t work with mobile data from the get go.

I hope a fix is still in the realms of what is feasible, considering my provider is Orange Reunion, and I’m probably the only one using /e/OS with said provider. However, I am more than willing to provide anything (e.g. logs) or try some settings to troubleshoot this issue.

Please let me know what I can do.

And, last but not least… You guys rock! I may have this problem (since 1.4 or 1.5, i.e. the then current version when I first installed /e/OS), but your project has been nothing but awesome. :wink:

Vendor: Gigaset
Device: GS 290
Previous Version of /e/ OS: 1.10
Rooted: No

Update via OTA processed at 10.05.2023, no issues detected since then. Roaming (DE-CH) also working perfectly / WLAN w.o. issues.
Update went without problems.

Noticed the first time that there is a battery limit to prevent the update if battery is to low. Nice feature.

Many thanks to all who were involved in provide the /e/ OS 1.11 release.

Can´t await 1.12 :slight_smile:

One thing to note: I had to press several times the refresh button to get the update.

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F)
Device CodeName: starlte

• more info on present version
    /e/ Os Version: 1.11-q-20230509288094-stable-starlte
    Security Patch: 5 février 2023
    Kernel version: 4.9.218 #1 Tue May 9 19:00:04 UTC 2023
    Version Number: e_starlte-user 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20230509.185526 dev-keys,stable-release

Updated flawlessly. I am a very happy /e/ user.
But I noticed I didn’t get any OS security updates over the past two monthly updates: the security patch dates back to February, 5th. Is this normal, since the security patch and the kernel version used to update together?
Thanks for your answer,
Daniel

Android 10 now counts as End of Life in terms of Android security bulletin.

Android Security Bulletin—February 2023 show a few fixes against Android 10, the following month there are no updated Android SPLs for Android 10.

Not very easy to spot, but just the same is revealed in /e/OS Release Notes. Search the page for Security fixes we see

This /e/OS v1.xx includes the Android security patches available until {month}.

but when we follow the link mention of Android 10 is absent since March.

1 Like