Feedback for v1.12.3

I have also the latest version

ABRP is still broke for me on 1.12.3. Any tips?

I don’t know if you are in the Telegram group but the app is discussed there. ABRP does not work with microG 0.2.28 it seems.

1 Like

It is still not possible to use Notes app without an /e/ (or NextCloud) account.

See this issue
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/775

which has just been automatically closed due to lack of interest activity

Not part of the Telegram as I’m only on Matrix :person_shrugging:

There is a Matrix bridge to the Telegram technical support channel. I can’t post a link since I left both :slight_smile: Someone else should be able to post it

1 Like

Ah, that’s okay. I am in an /e/OS matrix group of some sort (not the bridge, low traffic).

Anyhind, a user has opened an issue about ABRP.

[com.iternio.abrpapp] Crash at start because of the FusedLocationProviderClient interface · Issue #1989 · microg/GmsCore · GitHub

1 Like

I quickly wanted to share my experience because I just recently found out what causes the battery drain on my FP4. Just in case this wasn’t mentioned in this long thread. I have an FP4 and using it with eSIM. During travels, the heavy battery drain was gone and when I came back it was there again. That got me thinking. Back home we have 5G coverage almost everywhere. So I set 4G as preferred and the battery usage turned back to normal. The lack of 5G coverage is most likely the reason why some people are reporting not having battery drain issues.

I can live with 4G for now, but fixing the issue would be fantastic. I read in the 1.13 release notes some work was done for FP3 and 4. Let’s see.

Anyway, thank you so much for everything. Apart from this little issue, I’m a very happy eOS user for years now.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
Same for me. I tried ti switch to 4G too, some days sgo, and battery last much more.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue, the Mozilla backend give wrong locations and there’s no way to use another backend like in previous versions.

Motorola One G5 Ace (kiev) still doesn’t have 1.12 and 1.13 is rolling out…

1.13 works with ABRP and Tesla app. Please update, if you have trouble with them.

Hello,
I updated but having an issue with the OTA upgrade 1.12.3 on my S8 (from /e/shop).

Vendor Name Samsung
Device name S8 from /e/ shop
Device CodeName SM-G950F
Version of /e/OS 1.12.3-r-20230614299637-stable-dreamlte, android 11
not rooted 

The install went up to a quite fully functionnal phone, but the notification “système android: finalisation de la mise à jour du système” is stuck for almost 48 hours. The battery drains at least twice quicker than before.

After one day with this notification, I had a screen saying there are problems and proposing “retry” or (approximately) “back to android, this will erase data”. I choose retry and am now in the same situation: almost OK but for the ongoing finalisation notification.

I had something similar when shifting from 0.23 to 1.7: the install process lasted 20 hours. At the end, everything was OK. Today, it is much longer and add the “retry/erase” choice.

I am uploading 1.13 (freshly realesed) with hope.

Thank you for your work, and best regards.

I guess I should clarify my question. My apologies. I let my frustration get the better of me. What’s going on with kiev? Does anyone know why it’s seemingly stuck on 1.11?

The rollout is still going on. It may come. The kiev is on the list of devices that will get T / A13 so if nothing else you know the device hasn’t been dropped.

1 Like

Definitely helpful. Thanks.

Solved.

A reset to factory settings cleared the path.

After a try to 1.13 and 1.11, the same malfunctionning persisted in each version, saying “corrupted data”. The restoration to factory settings erased all data and apps, but made the phone and SE working well anew.

Thanks again for this great OS.

1 Like

Did you find a Fix? I’m currently on 1.15 on my s10+ , nice and stable but my battery drains way too fast

Since upgrading to 1.15, my battery issues went away. I did, however, restart the phone twice.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Feedback for v1.21