Feedback for v1.12.3

From experience it will arrive within the next few days.

The issue with battery drain has been resolved.

1 Like

Hi;
Moto xplay all is working but textnow free calling/text app but may be app issue .
can login on web not phone use to work other versions.

Lux build for for moto xplay
even had 19.1 build kinda work no camera lineageos android 12

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.11 stable
The device is not rooted

Just update. I will take a look at the battery drain issue and post here in a few days.
Thanks to /e/ team.

Samsung
Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
herolte
previously: 1.11-q-20230509288094-stable-herolte
now: 1.12.3-q-20230614299635-stable-herolte
Not Rooted

Thanks once again for this update!
I observed two things:

1. App Lounge freezes when “Update” button is pushed, apps cannot be updated via App Lounge (glad there´s still aurora store…) EDIT: uncheck “Update apps installed by other stores” in App Lounge settings resolves that issue, see also issue 7075
  2. Advanced Privacy: the new “reset” button of trackers per app in Trackers Blocker module is without function, trackers are not reset, see also issue 7062
1 Like
Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.11 stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: I don't know

Just update to /e/OS 1.12.3-s320230615299639-stable-FP3
I can’t send easly one photo via MMS (but with two photos it’s work).
In french section, there are a description of this bug:
https://community.e.foundation/t/bug-envoi-de-photo-via-mms-avec-lapplication-photo/

It’s seem only affect phone with Android 12 (since /e/ OS 1.09 or 1.10).

I will take a look at the battery drain issue and post here in a few days.

Thanks to the /e/OS team for another update that went flawlessly on my FP4 stable! Waiting to see what will happen with the battery drain issue my wife and other users experience on their device.

Also curious about version 0.2.28 of microG which seems to entirely rethink the location approach, since this aspect has not clearly been discussed or announced in v1.12 (just a link towards microG github but I’m not experienced enough to understand the implications of what they have done). Hopefully this has been tested previously.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : Fairphone 3+
  • Device CodeName : FP3
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : v1.11 stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : not rooted

OTA Updated without problems, faster than last time (15-20 minutes), no bugs discovered for now.

Yo, the location stuff is a massive change. Thanks for the heads-up, unfortunately too late for me :upside_down_face:

What on Earth?

Questions:
Is it just Mozilla based?
Do our previously installed UnifiedNLP modules work?
Where do we access them?

Why was Mozilla activated when previously deactivated?

To answer my own questions:
No more UnifiedNLP https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.2.28.231657

The new location stack does not support UnifiedNlp modules anymore. This was a step necessary to take to get locations properly working on latest Android versions. This means that some features previously available through UnifiedNlp modules do no longer exist. The goal is to merge the most important of those features into GmsCore. For now, the new locations stack is relying exclusively on Mozilla Location Service for network based location.

There is further discussion here. So if you like how your location works or Mozilla isn’t accurate for yourself, this is a release that will be worth NOT updating to until such time as some more, better, backends are utilised.

There is chat here from ‘mar-v-in’ about where ‘GmsCore’ is hoped to go.

Apologies for all the edits

1 Like

Fairphone | FP3+ | FP3 | previously on /e/OS 1.11-s-20230511288805-dev-FP3 | not rooted
Update worked well. Total time including download, preparation time and restart about 1 hour. Longer than the other times, but fine, because it works in the background.
Everything working fine, banking app, discreet launcher, app lounge which just has given three updates.
Thank you a lot, it is a great work to have an update every month.

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Samsung S9 SM-G960F
Device CodeName: starlte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.11-20230514289715-dev-starlte
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Just update to 1.12.3-q-20230620301517-dev-starlte and everything work perfectly :slight_smile:
Well done /e/ team !!!

OK for my S9+ (Samsung S9+ SM-G965F (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted).
updated from 1.11
There is no icons reorganization.
I’m testing if the battery drain is still present.
Only the Seek app (INaturalist) does not work correctly because of the new version of microG (ref).

S9 SM-G960F: updated fine in about 10 minutes time
Pixel 5 redfin: Took more than 1 hour to update (went to bed waiting…).

This is the second update where the Pixel 5 took an extraordinary amount of time to update. There is obviously a problem. If this is “normal”, then the update process should explicitly state that it will take this long, as this is not something that you should do if you need access to your phone.

So far, everything runs without problems, thank you so much!

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: Fairphone 3
  • Device CodeName: FP3
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously /e/OS 1.11 stable
  • updated to: /e/OS 1.12.3 stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: yes (Magisk)

OTA update of 2 Samsung Galaxy S9, star2lte to v1.12.3 from 1.11, device not rooted.

Update went smoothly.

On the previous version one phone was fine, the other went through the battery quickly. Will feedback if battery life is improved with this version.

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Device CodeName: FP4
  • updated to: /e/OS 1.12.3 stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: no

The ota update run smooth and everything runs fine so far.
Thanks once again e team !

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 2
CodeName: FP2
previously: 1.11-r-20230512289175-dev-FP2
Not rooted

Everything works well, thank you!

• Vendor Name: Sony
  • Device name: XZ1 Compact
  • Device CodeName: lilac
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.11
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not

Still no audio through ear speaker during calls; rings and voice not audible. Loud speaker and wired headphones do pass audio.

My info and logcat file added to the issue created 2 months ago by Andrew Betron; no assignees, no apparent progress.

• Vendor Name: Gigaset
  • Device name: GS290
  • Device CodeName: GS 290
  • updated to: /e/OS 1.12.3 r-stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: no

Thank you, thank you, oohhhhhh many thanks!
Never had such a smooth ota update and everything runs fine so far.
You did a great job! :star_struck:

• Vendor Name: Xiaomi
  • Device name: Pocophone F1
  • Device CodeName: Beryllium
  • Version of /e/os: 1.11
  • Is the device Rooted : No

I was a bit hasty in my last message when I said that I hadn’t noticed any problems after the update.
Since the update and more and more often, the screen moves by itself, as if someone was touching the screen.
Most of the time it’s a change of page from left to right, sometimes the status bar menu decends and sometimes it launches applications by itself.
Is this really related to the update ?
I don’t know, but it’s becoming a serious handicap as it happens more and more often.
Turning the screen off and on again sometimes stops this behavior, otherwise you have to restart the phone, but it always comes back.
crazy_screen