Samsung
Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
herolte
previously: 1.13-q-20230724313392-stable-herolte
now: 1.14-q-20230815320612-stable-herolte
Not Rooted

:+1:

1 Like
  • Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Bluetooth > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

• Clear cache alone would be the minimum intervention, but may have no effect.
    • Clear storage will remove all Bluetooth pairings and you will be forced to a completely “fresh start” with the app
  • Settings > Reset options > Advanced > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

• Fresh start with all.

In my phone (S7) there’s one more “level”:
Settings > SYSTEM > Reset options > Advanced > Reset options…

I don’t ;- ) Equally how you do it, it is always wrong but great that it is optional :- )

Update: While I wait to the solution of this bug, I have tried with an USB-c adapter with HDMI output + HDMI cable, and it works. I can’t walk while presenting documents or power-points, but it works! It’s alive!

1 Like

This worked for me:

1. Power off by holding VolumeUP and Power button until phone vibrates once, then three times. Immediately release buttons before phone powers up again.

2. With phone off, hold VolumeUP, then connect by USB to computer. (LED turns blue.)

3. On my Linux computer, I issued the terminal command:

fastboot devices

(My device ID was then listed in the terminal.)

1. I next issued the command:

fastboot reboot

(Phone rebooted into version 1.13, with everything as it was before the 1.14 attempted install.)

Xiaomi Mi A2

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Mi A2
Device CodeName: -jasmine_sprout.
Version of Stock android one: jasmine_global_V11.0.27.0.QDIMIXM_10.0
Version of /e/OS: e-1.12.3-r-20230619301238-dev + e-Recovery e-1.12.3-r
The device is Not rooted

e-1.14-r-20230817321316-dev-jasmine_sprout.zip
Successful OTA-Update incl. refresh e-Recovery to recovery-e-1.14-r-20230817321316-dev

1 Like

Did the battery drain all the way down when you were unable to turn the phone off? If so, maybe it needs to be connected to an outlet for a while to reach a minimal amount of charge before it will turn on.

Vendor name : Fairphone
Device name : FP3
Device CodeName : FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : v1.13 s
The device isn’t rooted

OTA update went smoothly
French app ‘Bonjour RATP’, dealing with metro/bus availability in Paris (thus, internet access + GPS) fails, was working before. A similar internet/GPS app for the city of Toulouse does work anyhow…
[edit : the above app was solved by a cache cleaning plus deinstall-reinstall, so no further issues for now]

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Device CodeName: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.13-s (stable)
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

I have an issue with my bluetooth headset (Sennheiser Momentum 4). I have no sound and media plays very slowly until my headset became disconnected. Media plays normally then. Oppening the Sennheiser apps when the headset is connected, I can see that the used codec switch quickly between “No Codec” and “APTx” (and maybe another one, but it’s too fast to see). I have tried what aibd fix for another problem related to bluetooth on a Fairphone 4 device, but I don’t think it’s the same issue and it doesn’t fix anything.

3 Likes

Vendor Name: Oneplus
Device Name: 3T
Device CodeName: oneplus3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/ v1.11
The device is not rooted

Device missed /e/ v1.12 and v1.13 and there is still no v1.14 available. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.13
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1,14
The following things work for me:

Call / be called
Send SMS / receive SMS
Alarm
Internet via Wi-Fi
Internet via mobile network
Internet via ethernet cord (usb adapter)
Wi-Fi hotspot
Main camera (original FP4) photo + video
Selfie camera (original FP4 ) photo + video
USB connection to PC / MTP
Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)

Everything seemed to have updated well OTA, and it appears the maps issue I have had since 1,11 has finally been resolved. Thanks a lot to the whole e team and and every one involved for all the amazing work!

1 Like

Same here. Bluetooth headphones work on other devices, not on my FP4 anymore. Also same “slow media” problem as described above.

2 Likes

… The first time. But this midnight it said it was sunny and 32ºC, and this morning it says it is sunny and 32ºC. When I press “Manual refresh”, connects to GPS, but the widget stands with the same information. I think the widget is as useless as in v. 1.13.

• Vendor Name Fairphone 4
  • Device name FP4
  • Device CodeName FP4
  • 1.13-s
  • Not rooted

Bluetooth is completely broken. I have 2 different BT Headsets which can be paired, but no audio.

I also have a PineTime smartwatch which can’t connect at all.

→ Cleared Cache of BT and Wifi → no Change.
→ Repairing Headset → no change.
→ Turning off HD-Audio: Qualcomm aptX audio → Audio plays.
→ Pairing with PineTime still fails.

This is an really bad thing as I use my FP4 80% only for listening to Podcasts and watch YT with headphones :frowning:

1 Like

Same for me. I really hope we can have a hotfix here. Waiting for 2-4 weeks(?) seems really annoying for me right now. Maybe its possiblr to roll back to 1.13?

There is no easy rollback in Android nowadays, in short.
But you can install the older version from scratch, which will delete your data.

Vendor Name: Murena Fairphone
Device name: 4
Code name: FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.13
Rooted: no

I found 2 issues so far.
First some Problem with blue tooth audio.
HD-Audio: AAC, worked,
but HD-Audio: Qualcom® aptX™
dosent work anymore.
Standard audio worked also.

The secound, was that the “updater programm” crashed.
I fixed it by clearing the data storeage, but i lost my saves of the former OS’s.

1 Like

Galaxy S7edge
1.13-q-20230724313392-stable-hero2lte

Not seeing the update in the updater, although there is one online:
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/hero2lte/

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.13-s-20230727314102-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1.14-s-20230819321663-dev-FP3.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.0
    (nightly 27.01.2023 - for sync with Betterbird instead of Thunderbird)
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
2 Likes