Feedback for v1.17

Ah ok, that changed from version to version / device to device so i was not sure, thank :slight_smile:

FairPhone 5
FP5
rooted

My feedback isn’t really version specific but targets some design decisions in /e/OS. So since v1.17 is my very first release of /e/OS I am using, here are some things that bug or annoy me massively:

• Accent color cannot be set in the android UI settings (in favor of /e/'s view on user experience)
  • Mutilation of Trebuchet (Trebuchet cannot be used because /e/ want to push their blizz launcher)
  • “murena” marketing/branding on the boot-screen of my FP5 when /e/OS is installed (just… why?)

Edit 1: some text sanitizing
Add 1: I guess I am not fully part of the target market of /e/OS. For now (and what I’ve seen) it’s the only custom ROM for my device, but as soon as the device support is moving upstream to LineageOS I’ll probably switch to that.

3 Likes

Same issue with the call volume without earphones, massive too loud on the lowest setting.
Tried every tip i found, nothing works.

FP4 with version 1.17-s
shipped from Fairphone directly.

1 Like

But now, viewing and reducing open apps by square touch is not possible ! Another way ?

Shutdown and restart … It’s ok this morning.

since that, i’ve been upgrading OTA without any problem !

Vendor Name : Motorola
Device name : Moto G5 (Cedric)
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : Stock android 7.0
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not

As I tell here, I had issue trying to flash the latest zip and finally managed to get e-1.17 running on one of my Moto G5 Cedric.

I realize just now, as I’m on my way to flash another one, how lucky I was :
the method I use was OK if the BootLoader (BL) was below the B8.31 !

Hopefully, my device didn’t brick.

This is a friendly reminder to take your time when doing new things

Vendor Name : Asus
Device name : Zenfone 8
Version of /e/OS 1.16
Not rooted

Im not sure if the problem was there in 1.16

Searching the calendar crashes the app

Interesting, @eboelens - I immediately tryied to search something in the calendar - works on my FP5-/e/OS (v1.17) with no crashes (tho I have no local calendar but some synced with DAVx5).

Xiaomi
Redmi Note 9 Pro
miatoll
/e/OS 1.16-s → 1.17-s
Not rooted

Xiaomi Mi 10T lite
codename: gauguin
currently runs good on 1.17s-dev

Please make us a stable branch and include Openboard as default keyboard.

I too have this problem. Am on non-rooted FP3+.

• Vendor Name - Teracube
  • Device name - Teracube 2e
  • Device CodeName- Emerald
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - v1.16
  • The device is Not rooted

After the upgrade. My SIM card is not visible to the device.
I have rebooted the device, taken out / reinserted the SIM Card.

Fixed.
Went to Settings > Network & internet
With v 1.17, there is a new tab “AT&T”, opened and turned on “use SIM”
After that, “Calls & SMS” then activated using AT&T.

This appears to be carrier related. Required manually adjusting the settings.

1 Like
Vendor Name : motorola
Device name : moto g7 
Device CodeName : River
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.14
Is the device Rooted / Yes

All good here. One slight clitch. The icon spacings can change after reboot. Thanks for a fine OS though

• Samsung
  • Galaxy S9
  • starlte
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16 stable
  • Not rooted

Problem: I can’t switch between apps anymore, the bottom right button doesn’t react.
An error message appears frequently: “Trebuchet keeps stopping”

@ gL66Lqrczi , just for info, i’m not having that problem on my SM-960F. I also went from e-1.16-r-20231018342509-stable-starlte to e-1.17-r-20231109350749-stable-starlte, so it might not be easy for them to reproduce the problem you see.

Forum search says …

1 Like

Fairphone 3+, not unlocked. Recently been having issues with Internet and Bluetooth buttons. When turning on either, remain White instead of Blue to show they are active. Had to turn off and on again.

Thanks, that actually solved the problem. Apparently the update changed this setting.

1 Like

@AnotherElk mentioned the solution: there was no default launcher selected in the app settings. Setting the default Home app to BlissLauncher fixed the issue.