Feedback for v1.17

Gigaset
GS290
GS290
1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-GS290
Not rooted (/e/OS ready installed when phone bought new)

When sending SMS, I still get notice “ImsApp keeps stopping”. This does not happen as frequently as before 1.17 update, but does happen. First SMS goes fine, but sometimes after second SMS, the notice appears on screen. None of the messages have failed to send, but seems the second message gets slower response from my remote SMS controlled temperature sensors. Improvement to previous situation, but notice is still there.

Also when restarting phone and entering SIM PIN, it takes whole minute until screen is responsive to numbers.

• Vendor Name: FAIRPHONE
  • Device name: FP5
  • Device CodeName: FP5
  • Version Stock: Fairphone OS version A.113
  • Not rooted

tout est ok

1 Like

I have the same problem, I can ear the conversation as it is on speaker. Very disturbing.
FP4 version :

2 Likes

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device Name : FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.16-s I guess
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : not

During phone calls, the volume of the speaker is very loud and cannot be downed to a relevent level.
I can ear the voice far from the phone. No private conversation is possible.

1 Like

Same here, this Problem with loud speaker volume on FP4 seem to persist since some e versions now.

1 Like

Same for my FP4: loud volume for calls.

1 Like

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : FP4
Version of /e/OS previously : 1.16-s-20231017342507-stable-FP4
Device Rooted and Magisk works well
no problems

I have this same problem as well with FP4.

Volume during phone calls is always at max no matter how you try to change it.

It is functioning like speaker phone mode and forces everyone around you to listen to your conversation as it is way too loud to hold up your ear.

Vendor Name: Google
Device Name: Pixel 5
Device Codename: redfin
Rooted: No
Version of /e/OS previously: 1.16-t

Update OK

• Vendor Name - Samsung
  • Device name - Galaxy S8 SM-G950F
  • Device CodeName- N/A
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - v1.16
  • The device is Not rooted

Update takes a really long time (showing “Finishing system update…” notification for over 4 days now, and rebooting every 10-24 hours as part of the upgrade process.

Still unable to receive SMS yet (it was already the case during previous update processes). inbound/outbound calls are received OK, and outbound SMS OK as well.

I am confident everything will start working again once the update is complete, but this one takes an awful lot of time.

Using /e/OS 1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-GS290 : since this update, I cannot send SMS (receiving ok)
I got a message “Echec de l’envoi. Appuyer pour réessayer”
No way to send the message; disturbing since “sms feature” is a basic function for a phone.
Any solution ?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I think you should post such feedback/question to the update post:

@Manoj Might also merge it soon.

Have you doublechecked APN-settings? (They are sometimes unintendly altered during updates)

1 Like

I experienced this during a previous upgrade as well (I think it was when upgrading to 1.16 but I don’t remember). Also, I was unable to receive some phone calls. It all solved automagically after a couple of days when the “Finishing system update…” notification vanished from the main screen.

Gigaset GS290
GS290
Not rooted (bought from e.foundation /e/OS ready installed)
1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-GS290

Just noticed that cannot use calendar search feature. App crashes when trying to do a search.

I have the same problem with samsung s7… the problem also occurs after about half an hour of video call with signal. so it’s not limited to the camera app…possible solutions? Is it possible that it will be fixed with the new version?

Sorry for deleting my post that was a miss click

• SAmsung
  • Galaxy S7
  • herolte
  • 1.16q to 1.17q
  • not rooted

Impossible to use camera after taking too many photos or videos, that makes a green screen. Reboot fix it. When changing the sound source via the sound bar (when you increase or decrease the volume via buttons), need to do it twice as the first time no sources appear.

Also, a little bug I spotted, when you want to change the active Bluetooth device via the volume bar on the right, you need to do it twice as the first time the list is just empty.