Feedback for v1.18

The problem has returned on all accounts! Must be a problem with the client.
Same behaviour as tomtom6 FP4 problem above.

• Vendor Name : Oneplus
  • Device name : Nord
  • Device CodeName : Avicii
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : /e/ 1.17-s dev
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

I upgraded the phone from the latest dev version 1.17 under android s to new version 1.18 under android T manually, following the procedure.

The wifi no longer works. Everything else works. Probably a driver problem. :cry:

Emptying the cache didn’t work for me either

As others have mentioned, I too am seeing the email client issue. But I’m not sure if anyone else has mentioned this:

On mine, I group by conversation. I can open the last email of the thread ONLY, and it looks normal. I can also open email if it’s not part of a thread (just a single email). If I try to open the previous emails, they immediately close, and take me back to the thread.

Also, I tried to remove and then re-add the account, and my problem is now worse. LOL I cannot open any emails. This is with my Murena.io email.

It seems to work only if you remove the mail account and add it back. Depending on your email provider, you should not lose any email if they are stored on a cloud somewhere. Adding the account back should load all emails again (worked for me with Murena emails).

Vendor Name: OnePlus
Device name: OnePlus 6
Device CodeName: enchilada
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS T 1.17
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Rooted (Magisk)

Unfortunately, I am also affected by the e-mail app bug. As a workaround, I have installed K9, which can be found on F-Droid (and App Lounge, of course). Still, I hope that this problem will be fixed soon.
EDIT: I decided to not only delete the cache, but also the internal storage of the /e/OS e-mail app and added the accounts back. I will see whether this fixes the problem.

I have also noticed that the browser has not been updated and is still on Version 117. Still, there is hope that this will be addressed in the next release.

(IMHO: This should be automated as much as possible - the browser is critical and should be kept up-to-date.)

• Vendor Name : Sony Xperia
  • Device name : Z5 Compact
  • Device CodeName : suzuran
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : /e/ 1.17-r dev
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

The good: - installer didnt work on the device so far, but for 1.18 it worked suddenly!

• everything seemed to work so far!

The bad: - battery drains in a few hours instead of 2 days…
Battery usage stats says mobile standby eats all the battery!?
Just rolled installed 1.17 again via adb…

Thanks everybody for all the work you put into /e/!

FairPhone 5
FP5
1.17->1.18
rooted

Update was straight forward

1. download and prepare update (through the settings UI)
  2. before restarting jump to magisk and install to inactive slot
  3. reboot

I cannot tell what’s the impact functionality wise, because I just updated. I’ll come back when I have some findings (besides the common shortcomings in /e/OS, like broken accent color selection, murena branding while booting and the crippled LOS launcher, in favor of Bliss).

No OTA update yet.

• Fairphone
  • Fairphone 3
  • FP3
  • /e/OS 1.17-s-20231111351092-dev-FP3
  • Not rooted

Is there an OTA update to 1.18 S dev coming? I noticed that there is no image for 1.18 S dev on images.ecloud.global/dev/FP3/ and I started to wonder if the dev channel got cancelled due to the totally understandable “one OS version per device” policy.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name : Oneplus
  • Device name : 8T
  • Device CodeName : kebab
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : /e/ 1.17-t dev
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Rooted

So far everything’s ok. Update takes a long time but works flawlessly. My opinion is just for e-os, because I use a very few amount of native apps, included an alternate launcher (ruthless launcher)

Bonjour a tous,
Tout semble correct sur
Teracube 2e obtenu via Murena
Maj 1.18 sur 1.17

Murena Fairphone 5 / not rooted:

From time to time the device crashes and reboots.
On 1.17 it was ok.

Murena FP3 and I can’t open my emails anymore.

I’d like to second @Sebastian’s question. It’s quite unusual from past experience with the FP3 that there is a stable release first and no dev release (yet?), it’s usually the other order around (dev first, stable later). @manoj, perhaps you can bring some light into this?

Checking on the FP3 dev v1.18 release with the team…will update

Update: The FP3 /e/OS T dev v1.18 build will not be released on the image servers.
There was an error in the build, and the team decided not to publish it. The next build, v1.19 for FP3 will be a /e/OS T build. Tentative release dates are in Jan of 2024

3 Likes

I’m facing the following issues with v1.18-t:

• Self installed CA certificates are not trusted.
    The version of Android System WebView bundled with /e/OS v1.18 is 117.0.5938.156 (very old one). If you install the actual Android System WebView 120.0.6099.43 (must be done via Aurora since App Lounge fails) from the App Store, the own CA certificates are trusted again. So it’s about the old version of WebView. Please update WebView to the actual version.

• App Lounge can’t install nor update previously purchased apps from the Google play store.
    I always get the error message that the installation/update failed due to a policy (location, OS version…). If I use the Aurora app for this instead it works. So it’s not about location, OS etc. but within App Lounge. Please fix App Lounge to allow access to already purchased apps again.

I’m facing the following issues with v1.18-r on the Oneplus3T:

The version of Android System WebView bundled with /e/OS v1.18 is 117.0.5938.156 (very old one). If you install the actual Android System WebView 120.0.6099.43 (must be done via Aurora since App Lounge fails) from the App Store, the own CA certificates are trusted again. So it’s about the old version of WebView. Please update WebView to the actual version.

• App Lounge can’t install nor update previously purchased apps from the Google play store.
    I always get the error message that the installation/update failed due to a policy (location, OS version…). If I use the Aurora app for this instead it works. So it’s not about location, OS etc. but within App Lounge. Please fix App Lounge to allow access to already purchased apps again.

I’m facing the following issues with v1.18-t on the Oneplus6T:

New version: 1.18-s-20231207360611-stable-FP4

Vendor name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Device code name: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-FP4
Device not rooted

Until now no problems detected.

Mmh, the question was about FP3 e/OS S dev 1.18, not T. A typo? Also here: Week 51 2023: Development and Testing Updates

Unfortunately still no clarity on FP3 e/OS S dev 1.18, respectively the S dev channel.