Feedback for v1.18

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted - bootloader locked

Mails can’t be opened in stock mail app.
The mail opens and is directly closed and went back in the mail overview.

Calendar is displayed. However, as soon as you want to use the “Search” function, the app crashes

1 Like

If T builds are coming, then there will be no S development. We support only 1 OS at a time. The v1.17 dev build will be the last for FP3. The T builds were planned to be released along with v1.18 but due to the bug has been postponed to v1.19.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I just got confused and didn’t think of this change. The follow-up question would be: Will there be an OTA upgrade for the FP3 from S dev to T dev? It is listed as “To be planned”, so there is no chance that this will be done until the planned release in January, I guess? Will the coming images of T, for me specifically interesting is the dev build, allow an ABD sideload upgrade?

And btw, as always: Thank you all for your great work! :wink:

1 Like

Mais ici c est lent pour vous preciser que j utilise peu d applis.

I think OTA upgrades are only for stable… not sure though…

4 Likes

Thanks for finding out and giving us clarity.

Now I can start wondering again if I should use the step from S to T to switch my FP3 from dev to stable … and if yes, how to get that done the easiest way. :thinking:

Hello

Are you going to upgrade to version T for all phones whose LineageOS version allows it ?

When I switched from dev to stable, Easy Installer was the easiest way for me…

1 Like

You can check the list here:
https://doc.e.foundation/devices

Thanks, sorry I didn’t think to look there. Have a nice day

Device Name: FP4
Device Code Name: FP4
Previous version of /e/os: 1.17-s stable
Device not rooted Bootloader locked.

OTA installed fine. Call volume (receiver volume) has gone the other way. I’m struggling to hear some calls now. Loud was good for those of us of advancing age!!

On my Samsung Galaxy S8, the gsm signal indication leads me to believe that I have no network, as shown in the photo below. Yet I can make and receive calls, send and receive SMS and MMS messages. However, some SMS take longer to arrive (like bank confirmation codes).
If I activate mobile data, the indication returns to normal and banking SMS, in particular, arrive as before.
Before 1.18, I never had mobile data activated and everything worked perfectly.
Screenshot_20231222-063233_BlissLauncher

Vendor Name: Motorola
Device name: Moto G5
Device CodeName: cedric
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: LOS 18.1

Missing System Apps: Clock, Dialer und Contacts App missing after fresh install!

Device name: FP4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS 1.18-s stable
the device is not rooted

Hello.
After using it for a few days, I noticed two things.

1. the calender app crashed after a “search”
  2. With Bluetooth, the audio transmission works, but the controls (play, pause… etc.) do not. Regardless of the device, e.g. Sennehiser Momentum InEar 3, BoseSoundlink Mini or Aukey Audioadpter.

THX eOS Team
I wish you all a great time.
BR
Mark

i don’t seem to have an option to enable 5G on my Pixel 6 Pro. i’m using an eSIM and only have LTE functionality and speeds. is this by design or has 5G not been implemented yet?

1.15-s as shipped from Murena Pixel5 to 1.18-t

Excellent work! Fast update, no problems. It really feels like high-end device. Thanks to all and happy new year.

Also having this issue
Device name: Fairphone5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Messaged support but will post here too.
After update to 1.18 seemingly reboots at random, has happened abput 7 times in the last 2 weeks yesterday it rebooted to bootloader instead of to OS and after that my data for some apps (sudoku and keyboard preferences are only issues found so far) got wiped but all my other apps are fine.

Also something I didnt send to support, i was stuck on a train yesterday, so watching youtube, and the device was getting a fair bit hotter than i remember when streaming video in low ish quality than i remember under 1.17

Good news is that the ldac bluetooth and too high brightness issues are definitely fixed though so thanks!

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Redmi Note 7
Device CodeName: lavender
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: v 1.16

OTA run smooth and no issues so far.
Thank you!

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Samsung S8 SM-G950F
Device CodeName: dreamlte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16-r-20231017342509-stable-dreamlte
Version installed now : 1.18-r-20231207360610-stable-dreamlte

Few things did not work for a week after the update. They seem to work now :

• Not possible to send or receive SMS.
  • “Finnishing update” in the notification bar.

Some things still do not work :

• The phone enters in a never ending booting/rebooting cycle when it is charged to full. This bug is reproducible, it happens each time. Only way to go out of the loop is the force the reboot by holding the power and volume down buttons.
  • Finger print doesn’t work anymore with the app “Credit Agricole, payement mobile”.

Other than that, everything works fine.
Thanks to the team !