Feedback for v1.19.1

Yes, i’ve tried different cables with no luck.

Vendor name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F/DS
Device codename: beyond2lte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e-1.18-s
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

Everything seems to be working smoothly.
DPI is wrong. It should be 525 and is 420
This is case from 1.16-s-2023101942893-dev-beyond2lte

DPI should not be used to control font and object size on screen, as this would case to use non-integer (fractional pixel to display pixel.

Anyway it works exactly opposite. The lower DPI, the bigger object should be, while in reality the lower DPI is set, the smaller object would appear.

P.S. I like size of fonts and icons, as they are on default setting (it is 420DPI) but this probably causes distortions

diffrent port also? My laptop has only one port to transfer data for example. other ports don’t work

I’ve tried different Ports and different Laptops.

Somehow I’m stuck on 1.17, the updater does not show 1.18 and 1.19 anymore. Previous updates were always smooth. Am I out of luck with my phone?

• Samsung
  • Galaxy A3 / SM-A310F
  • a3xelte
  • 1.17 / Android 10
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted?

a3xelte has gone “Legacy” https://doc.e.foundation/devices/a3xelte. Android 10 (Q) stopped receiving Android security patches in February 2023 and /e/ made the decision to drop support.

[Reference] https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/5320.

[Unofficial Build] [UNOFFICIAL BUILDS] Samsung Galaxy A3 (a3xelte), A5 (a5xelte), A7 (a7xelte) for /e/OS-R

1 Like

On the device, use search facility in Settings, search for USB, expect to find

• USB Preferences
  • Default USB settings – in Developer options.

The setting if found “No data transfer” can be changed with a “live, connected to PC” data cable plugged in.

Fairphone 3+
FP3
Updated from 1.18 to 1.19.1
Not rooted

Running 1.19.1 now for some 22 days I found no flaws and much better energy consumption compared to older versions (please see here).

Many thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Interesting: I think that battery usage is better also in my FP4, even if I can’t demonstrate it.

Hi, all. Just want to report issue with displaying names in SMS app on Work profile. I have two SIMs. One personal, and one for my business numbers. The SMS app only shows names if someone from my personal address book (DAVx5 - my own nextcloud server) sends me an SMS. If person from my business address book (DAVx5 also) sends me an SMS, only number is displayed.
The thing is that i can choose from which SIM to send an SMS, just as making calls. But on dialer, names from both address books are displayed correctly.
My phone is:

Xiaomi Mi 11 lite 5G NE (Lisa) with latest 1.19.1 upgraded from 1.18
Not rooted.
Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP5
Code name: FP5
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18-s Stable
Not rooted? no

All OK here, save the classical issue with Citymapper
(app does access GPS, does load current city map, but never finalizes startup other than, curiously, when the phone has JUST been restarted -but basically this has always been the case for all successive versions of /e/, to my knowledge)

Vendor Name: Gigaset 
Device name: "GS290"
Device CodeName: GS290
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 
      Purchased in December 2020. Before OTA updating just now it was
      /e/OS 1.18-s-2023 month and day-stable-GS290. 
      Now it is 1.19.1-s-20240109372023-stable-GS290
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

USB OTG to my Dac is not working anymore.

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: not known, just received from Murena shop
Not rooted? no

Unexpected FP5 rebootings. Not so frequent but I do not see why...

Perhaps … DAC marked “Solution” here Jack headphones (3.5) not working on a Pixel5 with usb-c adapter - #6 by PierreT ?

[/quote]

Perhaps … DAC marked “Solution” here Jack headphones (3.5) not working on a Pixel5 with usb-c adapter - #6 by PierreT ?
[/quote]

Many thanks for attending me, but it does not help my case.

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18
Not rooted? no

Still getting fairly regular random reboots with this version too

2 Likes

Perhaps the same as this item:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7445

My issue: GPS is not working at all: no GPS location, no satellites detected by SatStat App.

First turn off the phone (no reboot, real shutdown), then turn it on again after a few seconds.
Then please check …