Feedback for v1.19.1

Please share feedback on v1. 19.1 build for your device and let us know how it is working with applications that you use.

The device build release will be staggered over the next couple of days starting from 15 Jan up to 22 Jan.

The release notes will show up here once we initiate the release

Builds will be rolling out in a staggered manner over the next couple of days. It will be released for a few devices at a time.

We will also have a poll to rate this build.

• I have updated to v1.19 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v1.19 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v1.19 (Please share the issue details on this thread)
0 voters

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name
  • Device name
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

:warning: Posting information on test builds

• This thread has been created specifically for posting information on official /e/OS builds.

• To understand the difference between build types refer this guide

• Please do not post information or links to /e/OS test builds on the forum.

• The test builds are as yet untested and under development, and may in some cases cause user devices to soft brick.

• Such information can confuse other users who do not see these builds in the updater.

• Remember not all users who come to this forum are experts in installing and formatting custom ROMs and can end up seriously damaging their devices by trying out these test builds

• If you are genuinely interested in helping with the testing activities and also understand how to fix and do some minor level of testing on custom ROMS, you are welcome to join the testing team

• As part of the testing team you can share your comments on the dedicated testing telegram channel.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

3 Likes
  • Vendor Name: TeraCube
  • Device name: 2e
  • Device CodeName: emerald
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: v1.19.1
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Issue:
No USB OTG/Host support as per this issue:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7679

Pl do not share test build or unofficial build information on this thread. This thread is exclusively for official builds released by /e/OS.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name - Google
  • Device name - Pixel 6 Pro
  • Device CodeName - Raven
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
    e-1.18-t-20231210360971-dev-raven
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - Not Rooted

Updated OTA

Thanks again team for an outstanding build :+1:

Just tried to upgrade my Fairphone 3+ (not rooted) through the /e/ recovery using ADB Sideload – from /e/OS 1.17-s-dev to e-1.19.1-t-20240113373116-dev-FP3 using the download from https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP3/ I went this way going from Q to S before, but this time I’m stuck here (I chose to ignore the signature verification failure):

I downloaded the zip from https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP3/ again on a different computer, but the error(s) remain identical. Am I using an all wrong download?

UPDATE: :white_check_mark: SOLVED by AnotherElk’s reply (see below) :+1:

3 Likes

Saludos:
Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Mi 10T Lite 5G
Device CodeName: gauguin
Version of /e/OS previously: e-1.18-s
Device not rooted
Updated OTA
Thanks

Vendor Name - Samsung 
Device name - S10
Device CodeName - beyondlte 
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
E18s
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - Not Rooted

Updated OTA

Thanks again team for an outstanding build :+1:

Yes.

6 Likes
Thank you! I drew a picture just for you!

1 Like

Fairphone | FP3+ | FP3 | previously on /e/OS 1.17-s-20231111351092-dev-FP3 | not rooted

All data seems to have been taken over, cannot find any data loss in phone app, calendar nor messages. :slight_smile: Thank you folks! :slight_smile:

FP3 upgrade from 1.17-S to 1.19.1-T

Went through /e/ recovery and used ADB sideload to install the upgrade from the computer. (Eventually) Used the download link @AnotherElk suggested (direct download shortcut to save you having to sort out the back slashes size: 1.1 GB). Took just a single-digit number of minutes to install. A bit doubtful at the end when the FP3 recovery display’s bottom line just read (step) “2/2” and no (further) confirmation that install was completed. Just went back to the recovery home screen and rebooted into system, and there it was booting into Android 13. :+1:

P.S.: Unfortunately the Recovery still would not offer me any option other than installing through ADB Sideload. No SD card option (although portable storage SD card is in the device) shown, neither internal storage.

6 Likes

Only if you have compatible install file .ZIP stored into it, (perhaps at the root of the SDcard)

I’ve tried that now both with the internal storage and the SD (first at the top level of the file tree, then in the Downloads folder – with both IS and SD), but no difference. Now given that this is the installation file that is now already installed, it might not qualify as “compatible” anymore? Might try again with the next smaller update.

• Vendor Name: Samsung
  • Device name: S10e
  • Code name: beyond0lte
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18-s
  • Not rooted

No issues so far. Thanks for good work to the team!

1 Like
  • vendor name : xiaomi
  • device name : MI10T
  • device code name : apollon
  • Previous version of /e/OS : 1.18S
  • Rooted

No issue so far. Everything OK :slight_smile: Happy new year to the team and congrats for the good work.

• vendor name : Oneplus
  • device name : 8T
  • device code name : kebab
  • Previous version of /e/OS : 1.18T
  • Rooted

Impossible to upgrade. When download is finished, package verification starts and immediatly an installation error is issued.
I try that : Issues with the Updater and a solution without any success.

I’m on a Samsung Galaxy S7, herolte. We haven’t had an update since v.1.17. Just wondering, is this the end of the line for us?

The herolte will get an OTA OS upgrade from Q(Android 10) to R (Android 11) as mentioned here. Will share dates when it will be released.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks Manoj!

FP2, not rooted, Open Launcher 1.18. → 1.19.1-r
All fine :+1:
Tested: MullvadVPN, Signal, Firefox, FreeOTP+, KeePassDX, Aurora, f-droid, easybank app
Especially the bug in the Emailclient (see feedback 1.18) is solved :100: - Cheers!

1 Like

Widget calendar in dark mode is unusable. Above is Agenda Todo opensource widget, below e/OS default calendar.