Feedback for v1.19.1

Interesting: I think that battery usage is better also in my FP4, even if I can’t demonstrate it.

Hi, all. Just want to report issue with displaying names in SMS app on Work profile. I have two SIMs. One personal, and one for my business numbers. The SMS app only shows names if someone from my personal address book (DAVx5 - my own nextcloud server) sends me an SMS. If person from my business address book (DAVx5 also) sends me an SMS, only number is displayed.
The thing is that i can choose from which SIM to send an SMS, just as making calls. But on dialer, names from both address books are displayed correctly.
My phone is:

Xiaomi Mi 11 lite 5G NE (Lisa) with latest 1.19.1 upgraded from 1.18
Not rooted.
Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP5
Code name: FP5
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18-s Stable
Not rooted? no

All OK here, save the classical issue with Citymapper
(app does access GPS, does load current city map, but never finalizes startup other than, curiously, when the phone has JUST been restarted -but basically this has always been the case for all successive versions of /e/, to my knowledge)

Vendor Name: Gigaset 
Device name: "GS290"
Device CodeName: GS290
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 
      Purchased in December 2020. Before OTA updating just now it was
      /e/OS 1.18-s-2023 month and day-stable-GS290. 
      Now it is 1.19.1-s-20240109372023-stable-GS290
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

USB OTG to my Dac is not working anymore.

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: not known, just received from Murena shop
Not rooted? no

Unexpected FP5 rebootings. Not so frequent but I do not see why...

Perhaps … DAC marked “Solution” here Jack headphones (3.5) not working on a Pixel5 with usb-c adapter - #6 by PierreT ?

[/quote]

Perhaps … DAC marked “Solution” here Jack headphones (3.5) not working on a Pixel5 with usb-c adapter - #6 by PierreT ?
[/quote]

Many thanks for attending me, but it does not help my case.

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18
Not rooted? no

Still getting fairly regular random reboots with this version too

2 Likes

Perhaps the same as this item:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7445

My issue: GPS is not working at all: no GPS location, no satellites detected by SatStat App.

First turn off the phone (no reboot, real shutdown), then turn it on again after a few seconds.
Then please check …

All settings are as you suggested, while i doubt why I should enable WiFi scanning. Still no GPS detected.

I just cited my settings which I check after updating, and with which GPS works on my Fairphone 3. You don’t need to enable Wi-Fi scanning, of course. You don’t need mobile network location either.

Are you testing GPS outdoors with a clear view towards the sky?
How long did you wait? GPS without anything else to help can take quite a while (several minutes) to get a location fix.

I waited for about 10 minutes. Normally, before 1.19.1, the first satellites were shown after a few seconds on SatStat. The first fix could take some time, of course.

I will wait for longer.

I just noticed today that I cannot write emails anymore.
Whenever, I try to add the recipent, the new email window closes and the mail app goes back to the inbox…

I am on a FP5

Replying to emails does not work either.

When writing new emails, everything works as long as the To field is empty. As soon as something is entered there, the app closes the window and returns to the previous window

This crash is caused by an interaction with OpenKeyChain 6.0.0, fixed in latest K-9 Mail version 6.716.
The /e/ Mail app has the same issue.
If you do not depend on PGP encryption, you may deactivate the OpenPGP support in your account settings as a workaround until the fix has been incorporated into /e/ Mail code.

Edit:
Another option is to revert to OpenKeyChain version 5.8.2 which was shipped with /e/os v1.19.1: Go to Settings - Apps - OpenKeyChain and choose Uninstall updates (three dot menu in upper right corner).
Keep in mind that this will remove your installed PGP keys along with other settings. Ensure to have a backup of your keys.

1 Like

Thank you,
Deactivating OpenGPG support indeed solved the issue for naw

2 Likes

Just one observation, not sure if this is progress because of the upgrade from S to T or from a recent VLC update (on my Fairphone 3+ running /e/OS dev):

I have experienced VLC playback of audio files significantly improved recently, more specifically: VLC does not “forget” a paused folder (my folders equal albums) anymore as it often did in the past when the app was in the background. In the past, when I would get back to VLC from the background, I was not able to resume where I had paused playback and just found VLC back at the start of the “Browse” view. Now I find the paused folder/track (at the bottom) ready for resuming playback where I had left. :slight_smile:

Still flashing torch here and also not taking charge which is solved by reboot occasionally. If only the rollback had worked :frowning: