Feedback for v1.19.1

FP2, not rooted, Open Launcher 1.18. → 1.19.1-r
All fine :+1:
Tested: MullvadVPN, Signal, Firefox, FreeOTP+, KeePassDX, Aurora, f-droid, easybank app
Especially the bug in the Emailclient (see feedback 1.18) is solved :100: - Cheers!

1 Like

Widget calendar in dark mode is unusable. Above is Agenda Todo opensource widget, below e/OS default calendar.

Vendor name : lenovo
Device name : yoga tab 3 plus wifi
Device code name : YXT703F
Previous version : e-1.18-r-20231209360969-dev-YTX703F.zip

No issue, everything OK so far.
Good job e-os team

But for my kekab daily device it’s not the same story, I try a manual update with adb sideload!
It was not a good idea…
I just download the e-os-T-1.19.1 release, verify the MD5 hash code, and flash the new release with adb sideload.
After rebooting from recovery to system, I am still in 1.18 version but it seems some apps have been updated. For example, Magic Earth is released to 7.1.23.49. More than that, apps which use location data don’t works in fake location mode.
In conclusion a bunch of discrepancies, I’m afraid of reinstalling the whole stuff (fresh install).

Today, my recomandation to kebab owners, is to wait for a fix before switching to 1.19.1 release.

Vendor name : Pixel
Device name : 6a
Device code name : bluejay
Previous version : e-1.18-T-dev

Everything worked smooth. Even after 24h no hickups observed.
Thanks.

Vendor name: Motorola
Device name: Moto One Action
Device code name: troika
Previous version: e-1.18-t
Not rooted

No issues since yesterday. Used apps are mainly Firefox, K9 Mail, Organic Maps, Signal, Öffi, Calendar/DAVx5, KeePassDX.

Thanks to the dev team.

:fr:
Hi,

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : FP3
Device CodeName : IMG-e-1.17-s-20231111351092-dev-FP3.zip 
Migration : e-1.19.1-t-20240113373116-dev-FP3.zip 
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : I don't know, it's stupid anyway. And I haven't found a reliable article to verify it. Given what I do on it, it must be rooted.

Thank you for all the sharing, it’s been very helpful.

I wanted to follow an old article to sideload the FP3, but the page no longer exists (here (not function of course)). It’s a good thing I wrote it all down in my documentation. There’s nothing in the docs and it took me at least 45 minutes to find the page with the info on FP3.

I had exactly the same problem as @urs_lesse (here) on the signature part of the .zip file. It’s due to a lack of knowledge on my part.

Apart from that, I only have one problem and the update was installed in less than 10 minutes.

The problem was that VLC was no longer reading my SD card. I uninstalled the application and reinstalled it. Since then, VLC has been reading my SD card just fine, with no problems.
And I’ve enlarged the display font by one notch. It was written slightly smaller

Here’s what I did:

• First, add adb and fastboot. Follow the instructions here.

• Find the right file here, thanks you @AnotherElk . It’s in JSON format, my file is on line 28.

• Then activate the developer tools, plug the phone into USB: activate USB debugging (authorised by the PC) & unlock the OEM (see the start of the procedure here). At the end of the procedure, disable everything by doing the reverse.

• Make sure you back up all your applications, photos, videos, OTP, etc.

• Run the adb commands from the downloaded folder (I’m running Linux, Debian 12):

• ./adb reboot sideload (the phone reboots and goes into sideload mode)

• ./adb sideload
    /mnt/X/Save\ FP3\ 17012024/e-1.19.1-t-20240113373116-dev-FP3.zip

• The phone reboots. Unplug everything and check that it works.

• Keep the procedure in documentation if you wish, but above all share it here :).

The question I ask myself. Now that I’ve changed the way I upgrade, will I receive updates normally or should I always use sideload for updates and upgrades?

Thank you
Have a nice evening

4 Likes

You should receive updates normally.
Upgrades to future new Android versions would depend on what’s being made available then format-wise.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Code name: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18-s Stable
  • Not rooted

Seems everything’s fine! Thank you to the dev team!

1 Like
  • Device name: FP4
  • Code name: FP4
  • Not rooted

Everything seems to work, thanks!

Happy about the tracker list in Advanced Privacy: still no facebook trackers found, that sounds weird.

Happy too about Browser and Webview update, I still get ads on youtube for example even though I added a lot of filter lists.

EDIT Enabling “anti-circumventions and snippets” in Adblock Plus Settings seem to solve this. Lots of not translated English in this section…

I also see a FP4 stable build for T! I know we are supposed to wait for 1.20 to get it OTA, so I am surprised to see a 1.19.1 build there…

2 Likes
Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Code name: FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18-s Stable
Not rooted

Hello.
Update over OTA V1.19.1-s-20240109372023-stable-FP4 from 09.01.2024
I have one issues:

1. The calendar app crashes during the “search” and then has to be restarted. Like in V1.18-s
  2. After the OTA update to V1.19.1-s-20240109372023-stable-FP4 check the updater again and from time to time i can see a new version update to V1.19.1-s-20240110372023-stable-FP4 from 10.01.2024.

Should I install the newer one from 10.01.2024?

Thank you very much e/os team for the great work.
BR
Mark

2 Likes
  • Device name: FP3+
  • Code name: FP3
  • Not rooted

Works fine, except the release note from the updater that send to an error 404 webpage instead of the corresponding release’s note.

1 Like

@Manoj: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/releases currently says “This /e/OS v1.19.1 version includes the Android security patches available until December 2024.”

I don’t think so :wink: .

:slight_smile: I shared the comment with the team to correct.

1 Like
  • Device name: FP3+
  • Code name: FP3
  • Not rooted

Seems to work well.

What still is broken is the sophisticated function of the square button. Open an app and then press the middle (home) button - the app disappears from screen but remains running in background. How can I get it back now? Before 1.17 (?) this was a function on the square button, you got a scrollable horizontal list of the running apps and you could either close them one by one or get another one into foreground. Currently you don’t get this anymore, at last it’s not reliable. Instead is the home screen (the window of the launcher) now in that list - why??? Can I close it? No. Can I switch to it? No. It’s a cuckoo’s egg in that list.

1 Like

OK for my Pixel5 (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted. It was upgraded with 1.19.1-t stable release (updated from 1.18 to 1.19.1 (1.19.1-t-20240109372021-stable-redfin) - e_redfin-user 13 TQ3A.230901.001 eng.root.20240109.185942 dev-keys).

As for previous releases, all functions seems to be OK except the #citymapper app which is generally freezed (no map and/or functions) when I opened it (same pbm as with previous releases from 1.15).

The camera pbm (described here or there ) is still here : when I take a picture with lens1 the final picture is blurry when I’m not in “auto” mode. It never append when I received my phone from Murena.

I have similar issue, sure if I add ‘.1’ to the URL, it opens a page but for ‘S’ but my installation is ‘T’… is that an issue we need to report🤔?

• Device name - Pixel 4a
  • Device CodeName- Sunfish
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - v1.18T
  • The device is rooted

Update took quite long (progress bar at 50% for more than 20 min), but everything went fine.
System operates without problems.

Samsung Galaxy S9+
1.18 - 1.19.1

Everything is working great. I have no issues.

The update of the privacy app is just great and exactly what was needed.

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t think we need to report it further, as you can find the link via @Manoj’s post (see bold text below) and we only speak about a broken link via the updater :man_shrugging:t2:.

Hi
Are you on stable or dev? (R or T?)
If you are on stable do both back cameras work?
Thank you.