Feedback for v1.19.1

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP3+
  • Code name: FP3
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18-s Stable
  • Not rooted

Seems to work well.

What still is broken is the sophisticated function of the square button. Open an app and then press the middle (home) button - the app disappears from screen but remains running in background. How can I get it back now? Before 1.17 (?) this was a function on the square button, you got a scrollable horizontal list of the running apps and you could either close them one by one or get another one into foreground. Currently you don’t get this anymore, at last it’s not reliable. Instead is the home screen (the window of the launcher) now in that list - why??? Can I close it? No. Can I switch to it? No. It’s a cuckoo’s egg in that list.

1 Like

OK for my Pixel5 (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted. It was upgraded with 1.19.1-t stable release (updated from 1.18 to 1.19.1 (1.19.1-t-20240109372021-stable-redfin) - e_redfin-user 13 TQ3A.230901.001 eng.root.20240109.185942 dev-keys).

As for previous releases, all functions seems to be OK except the #citymapper app which is generally freezed (no map and/or functions) when I opened it (same pbm as with previous releases from 1.15).

The camera pbm (described here or there ) is still here : when I take a picture with lens1 the final picture is blurry when I’m not in “auto” mode. It never append when I received my phone from Murena.

I have similar issue, sure if I add ‘.1’ to the URL, it opens a page but for ‘S’ but my installation is ‘T’… is that an issue we need to report🤔?

• Device name - Pixel 4a
  • Device CodeName- Sunfish
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - v1.18T
  • The device is rooted

Update took quite long (progress bar at 50% for more than 20 min), but everything went fine.
System operates without problems.

Samsung Galaxy S9+
1.18 - 1.19.1

Everything is working great. I have no issues.

The update of the privacy app is just great and exactly what was needed.

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t think we need to report it further, as you can find the link via @Manoj’s post (see bold text below) and we only speak about a broken link via the updater :man_shrugging:t2:.

Hi
Are you on stable or dev? (R or T?)
If you are on stable do both back cameras work?
Thank you.

e_star2lte-user 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.20240110.191257 dev-keys

I am using stable. All cameras work.

Google
Pixel 7
Panther
Last OS stock ROM
Not rooted
1.19.1t dev

My previous phone running 1.19 beta t the Google Pixel 4a5g the mail was not working, in this phone it is.
But I think that is related January 18 2023 service announcement. Either way the Pixel 7 is operation normally with email now working.

S10e, S6 Tab, S5e Tab
Updated without problems, all good except app lounge is not offering updates for F-Droid apps like Element or Nextcloud.

Gigaset
GS290
1.19.1-s-20240109372023-stable-GS290
OTA update from previous version 1.18
not rooted

Ongoing issue from previous update, not corrected by this update; can receive SMS but not send them. Tried resetting everything, including factory reset but problem still persists.

Somewhere on the forum, somebody suggested disabling 4G calling in your SIM parameters and it worked. Did you try that?

1 Like

That works, thanks.

I’ve had the phone for 2+ years, done many updates without issue until the previous update (1.18…)

2 Likes

What still is broken is the sophisticated function of the square button.

That bothers me, too. It is annoying because it drains the battery quite fast.

Please add the following details
Vendor Name Gigaset
Device name GS290
Device CodeName GS290
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
1.18-s-20231207360611-stable-GS290
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Updated yesterday. As far as I can see, everything is working well.

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Code name: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18-s Stable
  • Not rooted

Everything is working well. Email bug is fixed.Thank you Murena team.

Now impatient to upgrade FP4 to android T including the locked bootloader.

Best regards.

JA13

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP5
Code name: FP5
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18-s Stable
Not rooted? (don't know what this means)

Update. Possible problem!?

Updater possibly crashed during/after verification. I just noticed with corner of my eye that Black murena screen appeared and I though that phone made normal update restart.
I wondered it did not ask SIM card pin and asked only phone pin.
I checked the updater and it said am still at 1.8. So I started 1.9.1 update again and then updater crashed.
So I made restart to phone to clear everything. After restart updater shows that I have Current version 1.9.1 but it also shows that there is available update 1.9.1 and delete button.

At least couple apps I used are working. Maybe update is ok even with extra crashes.

So do I use delete button for available update 1.9.1?

Fairphone
Fairphone 4
FP4
Updated from /e/OS 1.18-s to 1.19.1-s
Not rooted

I noticed that my phone partially ignores the setting for haptic feedback i.e. vibrations. Haptic feedback has been deactivated in “Sounds” and “Accessability” but typing with the standard on-screen keyboard vibrates on each touch.

Update not available over Updater

OnePlus 6t (fajita)
Using /e/OS Version 1.18 (dev)

Updater message indicates that no update is available, although the update files are listed here:
https://images.ecloud.global/dev/fajita/

?