Feedback for v1.20

Samsung
S6 Lite tablet (P610)
gta4xlwifi
1.19.1-r dev → 1.20-t dev
Manually upgraded without factory reset
No problems so far, all apps and data preserved

Cause you have a ‘stable’ build, you receive it the latest. If there are problems before, like major ones, you might not even get anything hence not having to bother with problems.

Gigaset
GS290
Version of /e/OS: 1.20-s-20240220382012-stable-GS290
Not rooted
Seems to be the case that since that update form 1.19.1 to 1.20 VoLTE is not working anymore, calls are working trough GSM (2G) only. Also, can’t find the settings for enabling VoLTE or WiFiCall anymore: Network & Internet → Calls & SMS → Calls and SMS both greyed out; Network & Internet → Sim-Cards → Provider → VoLTE, WiFiCall and Video call options are not listed anymore.
IMS-Status says “IMS-registration: not registered, Voice-over-LTE: not available, Voice-over-WLAN: not available, video-calls: not available, UT-surface: not available”

Samsung S10e
beyond0lte
1.19.1-s-dev → 1.20-t-dev, manually upgraded (without factory reset)
rooted

With the successful upgrade a donation will be done.

1 Like

Vendor name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F/DS
Device codename: beyond2lte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e-1.19-s
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

Everything seems to be working smoothly.

I have did firty flash.

I have another beyond2lte which I installed from scratch.

Fairphone | FP3+ | FP3 | previously on /e/OS 1.19-t-20240113373116-dev-FP3 | not rooted

For me it took a total of 32 minutes from first being shown the update as available until the completion of the reboot after the end of the installation process.

1 Like

Vendor: Google
Device: Pixel 5
Device CodeName: redfin?
Version: 1.19.1-t-20240109372021-stable-redfin
Not rooted

I’ve not received any OTA updates since 9 Jan 2024.
Is this to be expected?

I also have no idea how I will update to 1.20 without OTA. Are there any guides on how to do this (without erasing my phone)?

Many thanks for all your work,

Daniel

If the build of /e/ 1.20 is now available for your phone, then you may update/upgrade it following the procedure given on Lineage website, for example S10e

1 Like

Ok, thanks :slight_smile:
I’ve found the page for my device. Will try that out.

I’d also like to know if OTA updates have stopped for my device, or they are just infrequent?

Everything’s fine. Well done! No new issue found after 48H. Thanks to the whole team!

Can you confirm your APN settings are still correct? Possibly the new release had some changes for your carrier?

This might be the reason

1 Like

Yes. Stable OTA updates are usually right at the end of the “staggered release” cycle (now completing around 4th March), this way those with dev builds get to find any potential glitches and stable users get the benefit of this few days testing by others.

Your redfin stable download page https://images.ecloud.global/stable/redfin/ indicates that v1.20 is not yet published there.

Roughly monthly, a bit longer this time !

2 Likes

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: S7 SM-G930F
Device CodeName: herolte
Old Version of /e/OS: 1.17.1-q-20240208379201-stable-herolte
New Version of /e/OS: 1.20-r-20240221382013-stable-herolte
Not rooted
After 24 hours in use everything still seems to work fine, thank you so much for this upgrade!

2 Likes

1.20 T already? I feel that I literally just updated to 1.19 T and that was fraught with issues, kiev on a Moto One 5G Ace.

Can someone confirm there will be an OTA update from 1.19 → 1.20, I’m kind of done doing manual updates.

Does anyone else have problems creating a new SMS with the Messages app?

Answering in the Messages app is OK, also sending from the Contacts app is OK. But when I’m in the Messages app and I press the floating (+) button in the bottom right corner and I select a contact from the list I can’t edit a message anymore. Never. It fails generally. Up to 1.19 this did work well. What happened in 1.20?

Interesting is that not only the Messages app is affected but also the new QKSMS fork Quik (4.0.7), both show the same behavior. So I guess it’s rather in a common library. Generally different apps like Deku SMS work well.

I updated yesterday and got a warning popup this morning saying the messages app is sending a lot of SMS and if I want to allow this.
I’m not sure if there are SMS or if this is a false positive. As I don’t use SMS, a denied further sending of SMS. I’ll check my account later.

Hi rikshaw, thank you for your reaction. I checked the APN settings several times and they seem to be correct (for Telekom). LTE internet connection works perfectly with the untouched defaults. I also added and checked alternative APN settings as proposed by the carrier Telekom and Congstar. Again, LTE internet connection works well with these APN settings. But in NO case the settings for VoLTE or WifiCall or VideoCall under Networks & Internet - SIM-cards get available, they are just not there (MMS setting is there, though). Also, as said, the settings for calls and messages under Networks & Internet are totally greyed out and without function. So, this seems to be a deeper configuration problem as IMS gets not registered. Up to build 1.19.1 VoLTE worked fine without any additional settings to change. Maybe it is a regression of this build 1.20 connected to this older issue: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/2494.

• Vendor Name: Samsung
  • Device name: Note10+
  • Device CodeName: d2s
  • Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.19.1-t (unofficial)
  • Rooted: No

OS works very smooth, thx to all developers

1 issue: real gps position does not work.

Mmh, I have the same build on my FP3, 1.19-t-20240113373116-dev-FP3, but still no update to 1.20… Is there something I miss about the specifics of update rollouts?