Feedback for v1.20

Hello.
I read that 1.20, the version i just installed without issue on my not rooted FP4, has upgrade also for the pdf reader. I have uninstalled this app for my user but I would give it another try: can someone remind me the complete package name?
Thanks in advance.

foundation.e.pdfviewer

1 Like

I completely understand what this statement means and I can also say that my phone (beyond2lte) is on the list of devices that we will get in upgrade.

I just need to know if I get the update OTA or do I need to do it as a sideload because I’m right now on S and the upgrade would be to T.

beyond2lte is not a device for which a stable build is available. Only stable builds get OTA UpGrade.

So, yes, the Upgrade S → T will be a manual sideload. https://images.ecloud.global/dev/beyond2lte/.

Thanks for the clarification. So this means I just have to download the package and install it via the interface on the smartphone?

Sorry @tyxo, I do not have experience of this fairly “modern” device, to say how “simple” would be the sideload. I think your Upgrade method should include matching upgrade of e-recovery; that’s what I would aim for.

Perhaps unzip the T ROM to see / confirm if it includes e-recovery; I think it should. Check that your device is set to update e-recovery with each update. Settings > Search Update recovery in Developer options.

In general “T” builds have been engineered with vendor parts to do the S → T Upgrades without need to Format data or “return to Stock ROM”.

Always have a backup of essentials when contemplating a significant intervention.

3 Likes

Thanks for this valuable information. I checked it and indeed the file contains the recovery image that means I can proceed with the installation.
I have obviously my developer options enabled however I didn’t find the entry regarding the recovery update. I will check again later after I break a break maybe I just oversee it.

Same here, except for me it is Instagram Lite that asks to install “extra modules”.
So I checked for updates with AppLounge, but there are no updates available.

For a few seconds searching for apps worked but then an info within AppLounge about an unavailable anonymous account popped up. It tells me to refresh, but nothing happens afterwards. The error persists. Plus, I am not able to search for apps at all anymore.

Instagram Lite runs within Island in a work profile.

There is no difference between AppLounge in work profile or the normal profile. Both show the same error message, both are unusable.

• Vendor Name: Oneplus
  • Device Name: Nord
  • Device Model: AC2003
  • Device Codename: avicii
  • Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.19 (stable)
  • Rooted: No

Other than that, no problems so far. Update process went fine, although I wondered why the reboot (before e-Logo appears) would take longer than expected.

• Vendor Name: Google
  • Device Name: Pixel 4a 5G
  • Device Codename: bramble
  • Previous Version: 1.19
  • Rooted: yes

I’ve had 2 issues so far since updating:

• the square button in 3-button nav stopped working; normal after reboot; has not recurred yet
  • the maps app is not displaying a map when searching for an address; it looks like it’s finding the location, but the pane below the search field stays blank

Other than these, behavior has been the sane as 1.19 so far.

I am happy to report that everything went smoothly. So downloading the corresponding data on a SD drive and then updating it via the recovery mode works flawlessly.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-975F/DM 1.19 S → 1.20 T
I have no issues so far it appears that everything which means sensors, apps and so on is working.

• Vendor Name: Samsung
  • Device Name: s4 active
  • Device Codename: jactivelte
  • Previous Version: 1.18-r-20231209360969-dev-jactivelte
  • Rooted: no

I just tried 1.20 and rollback to 1.18 as i did already after tried 1.19.1.
The point is using Browser, i came to this forum and cannot be abble to write a text into a post (new or modification)

Reboot don’t help.

Same thing occur on my other maintained device :

• Vendor Name: Samsung
  • Device Name: s4
  • Device Codename: jflte
  • Previous Version: e-1.17-r-20231112351093-dev-jfltexx
  • Rooted: no

From what can be seen from the outside (even simply in any browser browsing to the OTA address for a device) the answers of the OTA server to the requests of the updater App seem to get randomised … sometimes they contain the new update, sometimes they don’t.

If an update is available in principle in a staggered release, refreshing the updater (or the OTA page in a browser) a few times or a few times more will eventually show the update.

For your device and build … https://ota.ecloud.global/api/v1/FP3/dev

1 Like

Pleased to hear it went well :slight_smile:

Title is “Update recovery”

Thanks for the explanation! In the meantime I received the update, too. Since I first read about the update arriving on a FP3, I refreshed the updater dozens of times , but whatever, now I got it. I will try to be a bit more patient next time :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Edit : after another try (pressing 10s on power button) it finally started up correctly.
Don’t know what happened…

Serious problem with the update on my FP3+ :

I just went through the update process with my FP3+ (cant’t remember if it is rooted or not…) and after the reboot it showed the Fairphone launch screen for a long moment (much longer than usual), then screen went black.

I plugged the charger just in case and the charging led light up. After a while I pressed a few seconds on the power button, it seemed that it did nothing. But then I realized the charging led went off. Now it does not seem to respond…

Anyone can give instructions on how to try to solve this problem ? Many thanks !

v1.20 breaks WeChat

Murena Pixel 5: update worked fine, and all apps seem to be working with the exception of Wechat. I know wechat is a privacy nightmare, but it is necessary when working in Asia/China.

After upgrading, I received a notification from the App store, saying that wechat wanted to install extra modules and that I needed to sign in again to the App store:

Screenshot from 2024-03-02 13-02-23

Signing in “again” (in Anonymous mode) doesn’t appear to do anything.

In addition to this warning, it is now impossible to log in to my wechat account. Every time I successfully enter my login credentials, after clicking log in, it brings me back to the page asking me to log in.

I have ensured to turn off all advanced privacy features, vpn, etc. I have uninstalled/reinstalled wechat, and I have deleted the caches of the App Lounge app. All with no success.

The internet has this … https://www.reddit.com/r/CalyxOS/comments/1937sn5/guide_to_getting_wechat_to_work_on_calyxos/ … although I guess whether this could be any help would depend on what the actual issue is (= whether it’s Google services/microG related or anything else) .

1 Like

The square button issue has consequently been ignored since 1.8.1. (this was 11 months and at least 12 releases ago, see here). - In a year or so we all will not miss anything anymore. People who never had the original behavior will be the majority, and the majority defines what’s normal and what’s not.

• Vendor Name: Murena
  • Device name: FP5
  • Device CodeName: ?
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously:
    e/OS 1.19.1
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: NOT rooted

Installation went well.
I have an issue with BeReal. The App seams to funktion, but it appairs a message that a license is not verifiable. This message comes from the microG Companion.

Some issue with the camera app. Videos works only with 30fps. But now it makes videos in 4K, thats nice.

Must be a device specific bug as it works ever since on S7