Feedback for v1.20

Must be a device specific bug as it works ever since on S7

Thanks. I installed the Wechat version from https://weixin.qq.com/ that doesn’t rely on google, and it worked. This seems to suggest that the updated version of microG that comes with /e/ has a bug.

1 Like
Vendor Name: Google
Device Name: Pixel 4a
Device Codename: sunfish
Previous Version: 1.19-t dev
Rooted: No

No issues detected.

New is as others have stated, App Lounge wants to install ‘additional modules’ for me it is Netflix. Not sure how to fix this. Did anyone tried to reinstall the mentioned app? EDIT: I tried uninstall/install of Netflix same behaviour

I think it is a new behaviour since the API (don’t remember which one) was implemented to get paid apps and other things to work.
In that regard thanks dev-team, many users will be happy about it, I figure that wasn’t a small task on this months OTA.

@Manoj could you add the link to the issues post (how to), in the standard text. If someone wants to report a problem, it is good to have it in the top post with the other links I think.

1 Like

Interesting; it only happened to me once and has been fine since the first reboot.

As for what’s “normal”, I’ve only been using Android for a few months (I moved to e after many years of iPhone); I tried the nav styles offered in setup, and the 3-button style is definitely my favorite. I’d be sad if it stopped working.

All is ok. Good job. Thank you Murena team.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device Name: FP5
Device Codename: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e/OS 1.19.1
Rooted: Don't think so

I’ve got the exact same behaviour for the upgrade from v1.19.1 to v1.20 as reported below for the upgrade from v1.18 to v1.19.1:

Samsung
Galaxy S7
SM-G930F
Version 1.17.1 Q Stable-herolte
Not rooted

The switch from Q to R went well and for the last two days it’s been running smoothly.
Thanks to all the team for their hard work!

3 Likes

This time my upgrade went fine.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device Name: FP5
Device Codename: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e/OS 1.19.1
Rooted: Not rooted

Still no 1.20-s for lisa. Were there any build errors again?
Thanks

This might explain why Signal is not working properly after my upgrade from S to T. :thinking:

• Vendor Name: Xiaomi
  • Device name: Mi9 SE
  • Device CodeName: grus
  • Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.19.1-t (dev)
  • Rooted: No

Upgrade was fine. But I found 2 bugs later

Applounge: if you open the app with Wi-Fi connected without internet, but mobile data with internet, it returns “can’t connect error”. Disabling Wi-Fi after doesn’t work, it’s only back to work if you clean storage and disable the Wi-Fi before open the app.

Accounts: the sync switchs isn’t retain. I disable contacts, tasks and agenda from 2 account that I use only mail, but a time later (don’t know exactly how much) the switchs back to enabled.

1 Like
  • Vendor name: Samsung
  • Device name: Galaxy S7
  • Device codename: herolte
  • Previous version of /e/OS: 1.17-q to 1.20-r
  • Rooted: no

I’ve tried to switch from android 10 to 11 as promise by /e/OS, it’s working well in general
I spotted 2 mains bugs: I can’t access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth after a time. There’s just no Wi-Fi or devices shown in the list. It’s searching forever. Looks like there’s a bug with the mobile data too. It has some kind of data limit as I can’t play a music on Spotify but receive my messages on discord. Same for Wi-Fi, even if it looks like I’m not connected.

When I restart my phone, it works properly again. I don’t know if this is linked to the update. Anyway, thanks for the good job as everything work properly even if I still can’t choose anything else than blue in the style settings :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Upgrade works finely. It seems to me that the battery is draining very quickly compare to e-1.19.1-t.
I don’t want to say “disaster” as @Moklev says but it’s a bit annoying. I try several experiment, and it seems to me that deactivate and reactivate charge control drives to a better behavior. Please @Moklev could you gently try it and give feedback.

• Vendor Name -Murena

• Device name - Murena Two

• Device CodeName - no idea

• Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously -e_two-user 13 TQ3A.230901.001 eng.root.20240109.185328 dev-keys

• Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - no idea, but guess not

I have had this Murena Two since the beginning of January. It works just fine. If I can use it, anyone can.

I have been able to download the V 1.20 upgrade, but when I tap on “Install” nothing appears to happen. I am writing because I do not know whether I need to be more patient, or if I have missed something.
With thanks in advance for the guidance I need …

It could also be a problem with the app and the android version it was build for. Maybe reinstalling the app can help…

As a family mobile tel maintainer my feeback is:

Google
Pixel 5
redfin
e-1-19.1-T-stable
not rooted

upgrade to e-1.20-t-stable locked at “reboot preparation” at 50% during 40mn. So I cancel upgrade.
Need to investigate why…

Lenovo
Yoga Tab 3 Plus Wi-Fi
YTX703F
e-1-19.1-R-dev
rooted

upgrade to e-1.20-R-dev : no issue evrything OK.

Xiaomi
MI10T
Appolon
e-1-19-1-S-dev
rooted

upgrade to e-1-20-T-dev not available from “param/system upgrade” so I upgrade the device manually (fastboot flash recovery and adb sideload). Upgrade works finely, no issue.

I updated my Fairphone 3 to E/OS V1.20 I noticed that" Quickly open Camera" setting does not work as described. Press the power button twice. I have never tried this before so I do not know if it worked in other versions.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

@CFA Have you checked under Settings / System / Gestures whether ‘Quickly open camera’ is set to on? I can’t remember whether it’s the default setting.

1 Like

Thanks Dave
Saved: :person_raising_hand:
I found the problem. The FP case is quite thick making it difficult for me press the power key twice as quickly as required to turn on the camera. Usual end up locking the screen.

1st Device

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Redmi Note 8T (with NFC) 4/64GB
Device CodeName: willow (not ‘ginkgo’)

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: /e/OS-R v1.15
Version of /e/OS Recovery which existed previously: /e/OS-R v1.15
Version of Android Security Update which existed previously: Aug 5, 2023
Is the device is Not rooted

Version of /e/OS after the update: /e/OS-R v1.20
Version of /e/OS Recovery after the update: /e/OS-R v1.20
Version of the Android security update after /e/OS-R installation: Jan 5, 2024

:ballot_box_with_check: No warning messages during the updates and at the first start.
:ballot_box_with_check: WLAN / BT works fine

2nd Device

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Redmi Note 8T (with NFC) 4/128GB
Device CodeName: willow (not ‘ginkgo’)

Version of Xiaomi firmware which existed previously: willow V12.5.6.0.RCXMIXM_11.0 global
Version of /e/OS Recovery which existed previously: Android recovery
Is the device is Not rooted

Version of /e/OS after the update: /e/OS-R v1.20
Version of /e/OS Recovery after the update: /e/OS-R v1.20
Version of the Android security update after /e/OS-R installation: Jan 5, 2024

:x: No warning messages during the updates and at the first start, b u t WLAN / BT do not works

1st Trial installation:

• Official Lineage-18.1-20240218-microG-ginkgo + LOS-Recovery
  • No warning messages during the updates and at the first start,

b u t

:x: WLAN / BT do not works

2nd trial installation:

• PitchBlack Recovery Project: PBRP-ginkgo-4.0-20231217-1134-OFFICIAL
  • crDroidAndroid-14.0-20240209-ginkgo-v10.2
  • MinMicroG Minimal
  • Version of the Android security update after crDroid installation: Feb 5, 2024

:white_check_mark: No warning messages during the updates and at the first start.
:white_check_mark: WLAN/BT works fine