Feedback for v1.3

Not really a feedback, but as I’m now using my Murena S9 as my main phone:
The Element App (Matrix) is outdated. There are newer version available on fDroid and GPlay.
How to fix that?

1 Like

Seems it’s already existing an issue about this : https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/5734

However, I originally had a /e/ account and not a murena account, so the problem is slightly different since I lost the functionality with the update and not in relation to /e/ or murena accounts

1 Like

I’m on 1.2-r-20220727206630-dev-FP3, and i don’t get any updates. The same delay happened with the two versions prior. Why is it that “dev” releases always appear about two weeks after the stable release? Makes no sense to me.

Battery lifetime was nearly doubled on FP4 for me with V1.3 compared to V1.2. Nice!!!

3 Likes

Install F-Droid, and use that instead of App Lounge

1 Like

I don’t seem to be able to take pictures on my front camera anymore. I can see the preview but the saved image is black. I have an murano fp3+

I’ve used the provided camera and also FreeDCam.

It’s strange, with my FP3+ I can take picture with front camera, and I can see the file.
With 1.3 version is it? Because there was to versions of 1.3. Mine is 1.3-20220905216076.

When is the PDF reader actually fixed when used in dark mode? The solution back then was to put the colors in negative, right? In the meantime, this irritates me.

1 Like

V1.3 update for Samsung S7 (SM-G930F) absolutely smooth, no issues at all!
Thank You

Mine is the same version.

1 Like

Remove/New installation of the Signal App solved the problem: Now everything works again!
Thanks to a daily backup: No data loss…

1 Like

And now it works after a restart, must have been freak interference by solar flares.

2 Likes

Is there an easy way to change from “dev” to “stable” releases? I’ve never even wanted to be on the “dev” channel; it just happened because of the way i installed the os on my phone.

EDIT: see aidb answer just under

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. So “dev” is a euphemism for some kind of “non paying user” and the delay in updates works as a penalty?

No, not at all! Easy Installer also uses Stable.

If you change from dev to stable you should however treat it as you would an Android OS version Upgrade and wipe data as you go. So you will need a solid backup.

4 Likes

Why should you do that?

1 Like

I think I would do that because I do not know if every app and piece of data on the phone will work exactly the same with stable after the change. I could alternatively have said make sure you take a solid backup in case it doesn’t all work nicely for you, then you can do your best to correct any errors with your backup.

Later Edit, @solanum I see that FP3 dev is available in Q and R /e/ image ROM download, while stable is Q only. In your case you would want to be fully check if you were contemplating a downgrade from R-dev to Q-stable.

2 Likes

Positively speaking, stable releases served as an incentive to buy the phones preinstalled, originally.
Right now there’s not such a strict border. There are several devices where you can just decide to install the stable release yourself instead of dev, then there were quite a few instances already when stable releases came out earlier than their dev counterparts (most probably not intentional, but still).

Going from dev to stable will require a new install.
As with any OS install or update, backing up important data before is highly advisable anyway.

Can user data be kept when going from dev to stable?

2 Likes

Since update v1.3 my starlte (S9) ignores the “auto-rotate” function in the main settings for all supporting apps (like new pipe, weather app etc.) and dosn’t flip to landscape mode.
Any ideas?

1 Like