Feedback for v1.3

Just for completeness concerning my post, that was not an eOS problem, because the latest version (of Simple Dialer) have an option (disable by default) to show always on whole screen the income calls. I think this was my problem, solved today.

1 Like

My issue has actually gotten worse as my phone will no longer connect to wifi. It detects there are many wifi networks (since I am in a condo unit) but does not connect no matter how/how many times I try to any of my three available networks. I am currently using cellular data which still works to write this and also connecting physical ethernet cable still works as well.

Edit: I can now access wifi if I ā€œforget the networkā€ and re-enter credentials. But it still give me a message once I connect: ( ā€œnetwork nameā€ has no internet connection. Tap for options ). Even though I am writing using wifi which still accesses the internet.

@AnotherElk Thanks for the background information! Very helpful.

Using termux, I am able to wget the updated connectivity addresses mentioned in https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/268#note_18097 and I receive the expected HTTP 204 responses. AFAIK the connectivity checks should pass.

@diefuel, my situation remains the same as yesterday. WIFI Settings show that Iā€™m connected to my home WIFI network but it reports there is no Internet. Status bar continues to show WIFI icon with an x. Restarting the phone or toggling WIFI and mobile data does not change the behaviour. Pings and traceroutes from the router itself all succeed and other devices inside my home network report no connectivity problems.

I downloaded and installed termux on my phone with mobile data turned off. :slight_smile:

My phone is connected to WIFI and working. Status being shown seems to be the only issue. I will open a GitLab issue if it persists much longer.

2 Likes

@hgbl
Are you blocking the network connectivity check endpoints? Any custom DNS?

If not directly, do you have Snort or Suricata on a hair trigger?

@SkewedZeppelin
Iā€™m not blocking the check endpoints in my phone or on my router. Until this problem arose, I was using default DNS config on the phone: ā€œUse network DNSā€. Since this started to happen yesterday, I have experimented with 9.9.9.9 in the phone configuration. Did not make any difference and I have reverted to the network providerā€™s DNS.

Not using Snort or Suricata. (had to look up what those are)

The testing I did with wget on the phone indicates that the connectivity check endpoints are accessible from the phone and, because I turned off mobile data, those requests were going out over my WIFI / router.

No networking config changes were done in my home network recently. I donā€™t think anything like that is the cause of how the status indication is now working.

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I installed 1.3-202209052160 by OTA on a Samsung S7 SM-G930F (bought at the /e/ shop with /e/ installed on it.
My issue: The Signal messenger app stopped working with the update (App crashes at every attempt to start the app).
I have tested different ideas: Restart of the device/Advanced Privacy Off/Update of the Signal App/deactivate microG Cloud Messaging ā†’ No success!

Any hints/ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @Huberstoni, and welcome to the forum. Had you also try to clear the app cache? However, I must said I donā€™t use Signal and didnā€™t try it myself.

1 Like

FYI I was going to open an issue on GitLab as suggested but GitLab registration is rejecting the email address Iā€™m willing to use to create the accountā€¦ Should I create a gmail account to open an /e/ gitlab account? :slight_smile: Sorry, that wonā€™t happen.

@hgbl

2 Likes

@nottolino Okay, thanks! Will do. Perhaps that info should appear on the GitLab registration page.

1 Like

Hello,
with v1.3 on my Pocophone F1, I regularly have no connections via wifi.
Wifi is connected but no connections to internet or my local servers.
I just have to turn off and on wifi to get back to connections.
Note : I donā€™t activated Advanced Privacy as I use Blockada.

1 Like

Thanks @jobal for your idea!
I have tested it (deleted the cache of the Signal App) but unfortunately with no changeā€¦

The app still does not work after the updateā€¦

I updated my Murena S9 to /e/OS 1.3 and I decided to use it as my main and only phone ā€¦

Setup of all applications including email, tusky, element, zvv, sbb, nextcloud worked without problems. I donā€™t use eCloud, I have my own Nectcloud.
Moving Signal worked by backing up on the old phone and importing backup on the S9 with use of SD card.
Moving WhatsApp has been more hazzling as I needed to copy files from application folder, but worked.

System is stable and works well except for:

• Location is problematic. While Maps shows correct location, ZVV and SBB have dificulties, location in SBB app not working at all.
  • One bug: in Settings, Akku: disable fast charge. After reboot this setting is again enabled.

Iā€™m now waiting for /e/OS S coming out so I can hopefully flash my S10e.

2 Likes

Appreciate the update!

Question for you @hgbl ā€¦ I just noticed a new side effect from the system thinking that my wifi does not work even though it actually is.

Now my App Lounge no longer works! Even with cellular data it will not work and keeps ā€œtiming outā€ every time I try to open the app lounge or search for something within it. Meaning no more updates or installing new apps. :frowning:

Could you check if your lounge or app store program is doing the same thing?

Thanks in advance!

@diefuel
App Lounge is working for me. I received a notification for an update over the weekend and opening the App works as expected. I have not installed an update using App Lounge since this problem started - the app it reported is one I install directly from the developer.

Might you have App Lounge restricted to Wifi (for example, in Settings ā†’ Apps and notifications ā†’ App Lounge ā†’ Mobile data and WIFI)?

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

Originally I had the mobile data setting as restricted, but unchecked it and found that it refuses to work no matter what I try using. Wifi, cellular data, and Ethernet physical connection all seem to work fine but trying the app lounge with each one respectively does not make a difference. I just receive a spinning loading symbol for about 1 minute and then an error message. And as per the message changing the settings for open source and apps or PWAs only did not work either :frowning:

Hey together,

I still canā€™t find the update on my (rooted) FP3+ with V1.2. Any idea how I coukd fix it? Akready tried to turn off TrackerControl, but doesnā€™t make any difference.

Thank you!

1 Like

A simple detail but with v1.3 I no longer have access to the show ā€œhide my emailā€ option accessible in the ā€œMy cloud acocuntā€ widget whereas this option was present in v1.2.

Phone: Samsung S9 android 10 /e/OS on 1.3-q-20220825213388-dev-starlte

If there is any simple solution, otherwise Iā€™ll wait for the next update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Received the OTA update notification on my FP3, all went well, found no problems in the last couple of days. Updated my response in the poll accordingly. Thank you for the great work!

Running on 1.3-q-20220905216076-stable-FP3

1 Like

I can confirm the increasing sound issues on calls since v1.3 on my Samsung Galaxy S7. I have tried a different caller app but it didnā€™t solve the issue. Calling someone on Telegram is fine thoughā€¦ Much clearer sound and no echoes there.

1 Like