Feedback for v1.4

Just for info : it was a problem with my network provider all along. I knew when I tried with another phone someone lent me. The bastards didn’t say a word.

1 Like

I am still having the following issues:
To view recent photos in gallery requires a reboot.
Since previous update, SearX search engine comes back with zero results, so I am reluctantly having to use DuckDuckGo and the search bar at the top has been showing different icons such as a B with a lightning symbol and more recently a supermarket name with basket when I have not done any online shopping.

Update SearX (e/spot) is now working correctly as is search bar after clearing all history and data.

Is anyone else having trouble with HDR photos on v1.4? Mine just show up with a green tint and thus HDR mode in the Camera App has become unusable for me since 1.4.
I am on a Galaxy S7.

Same issue for me here (S9+, 1.4Q dev). Not a blocker for me though.

Hi! I cannot upgrade Mullvad VPN with App Lounge on FP3+ 1.4q, it crashes App Lounge. Other apps upgrade fine. Maybe FDroid-packages have issues now?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your work, I bought a Galaxy S7 with /e/ preinstalled more than 2 years ago and I’m globally happy with it.
Unfortunately, it becomes quite annoying since the v1.0… I have 2 main problems :

• The “echo” problem get worse : I was used to avoid loud speaker, but now my interlocutors get an echo even without the speaker on. So I need earphones to call, no choice.
  • The ambient light sensor isn’t working and shut my screen as soon as my call starts (or when I’m listening to a vocal message), and I can’t wake the screen up while the call is on (not unless I connect earphones…). I haven’t found any topic about it here so…

Thanks !

mullvad vpn applounge crash… interesting!

E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: DefaultDispatcher-worker-7
E AndroidRuntime: Process: foundation.e.apps, PID: 26395
E AndroidRuntime: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/foundation.e.apps/cache/net.mullvad.mullvadvpn/net.mullvad.mullvadvpn_1.apk: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at libcore.io.IoBridge.open(IoBridge.java:492)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:160)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:115)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at foundation.e.apps.api.cleanapk.ApkSignatureManager.verifyFdroidSignature(ApkSignatureManager.kt:39)

function checks before apk is downloaded and is thus crashing.

app-lounge in v1.5 reports a 404, so seems to handle it better… but:

W DownloadManager: [839] Stop requested with status 404: Unhandled HTTP response: 404 Not Found

if you compare the version it wants to download (2021.1 in AL when 2022.2 is available) I think f-droid.org stopped being able to supply the apk → 404 is proper.

I saw threads complaining about f-droid versions falling behind. Could be cleanapk.org API responds to the fdroid repository search and hasn’t an updated index

1 Like

Is App Lounge still using (the mysterious and totally anonymous) cleanapk? I thought the plan was to get FOSS apps direct from F-Droid

If they are, I would strongly recommend installing and using F-Droid to install and update FOSS apps

Have you tried upgrading to v1.4? I have an S7 and it seems to me that less people (or actually none) are complaining about echoes on normal calls now. Loudspeaker is still not useable.

On another note, have you installed a different screen protector or case to the S7? Sometimes the echo on calls can be caused by certain cases, especially if they are full-body cases (front and back).

I once had an issue with a screen protector. After a call the proximity sensor wouldn’t recognize that I took the phone off my ear and so the display stayed black. I would have to use the power button to wake up the display. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Anyway, no display issues on my side… Running /e/OS 1.4

I have an S7 and v1.4. I still have an echo in normal call. But I stopped complaining. From what I saw on Gitlab, I think that the dev team is aware of the problem but were not able to solve it despite a lot of effort.

1 Like

You can see on Gitlab that there is a workaround for the issue but the developers were reluctant on implementing it, because it might break some devices that don’t have the problem. I was thinking about trying it out myself to see if it fixes the problem on my phone.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
I didn’t mentioned it, but I’ve the v1.4 and the echo issue is still there.

I’ve got the same screen protector and simple case for 2 years now, and it was ok before the v1.

Let me know if you try to fix the problem on your own !

Thanks.
Yes, I was ok with it for 2 years, but I’m surprised than the update get the thing worse and afraid about the next ones.

1 Like

I also want to try. I’m just waiting to have another phone in backup in case I screw things up.

mobi.inthepocket.bcmc.bancontact
Payconiq is not working

The camera is not working any more, photos ok but films do not work.
I’m on 1.4/S7 edge.

This thread was showing 152 posts, now after having to re scroll, only 146! Reason for posting is an issue with Mail client. Messages I have replied to have been ending up in Trash. Some were responses to queries on an email forum. More concerning are emails sent to kitchen installer and never got a reply, this might explain why! Phone is Fairphone 3+ purchased from e foundation store.

I have a Motorola G 5G and version 1.4 will not install. I was able to upgrade to version 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 just fine, but when I try to upgrade to 1.4 or 1.5, the download works, the install process finishes, then when I click reboot, the phone just reboots 5 or 6 times and then reverts to version 1.3.

J’ai réussi à télécharger finalement. Par contre, il y a une erreur à l’installation (voir image). Avez-vous une idée de la cause ?

Visiblement, l’application nécessite une librairie Google qui, en toute logique, n’est pas disponible sur un Android degooglisé.