Feedback for v1.4

I had a similar problem with my oneplus7T (not all cameras supported). I solved the problem by installing google camera with oneplus7T optimizations. Maybe you can do the same?

thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I canā€™t find this app either in Aurora store or in App lounge. Where did you find it ?

This is where I found it Gcam

Iā€™m still having sync issues with the mail-app on my S9+. Iā€™ve deleted all accounts, cache and storage. Inserted my mail adresses again and set them up new. But still no sync. I had to do it manually since 1.4. What has changed since 1.3 so that the mail-app lost automatic sync in 1.4? Are there others with the same issue?

Didnā€™t noticed that on my phone (also an S9+, 1.4 Q dev), but I had disabled periodic sync in the mail app.
Now, after re-enabling it (for every mail acount) and waited for a few hours ā€¦ I can also realise that thereā€™s actually NO periodic sync.
Didnā€™t check on previous releases.

Edit: Well, OK, thereā€™s a global (all accounts) switch that you need to enable to get auto-sync working for enabled accounts ā€¦ now it works. Thanks.

After years of ā€œcheating /e/OSā€ with LOS for microG, I finally came back to /e/ 1.4 stable. Glad to be homeā€¦ :slight_smile: . The system runs perfectly smooth on my FP3 - all sensitive apps are working fine and battery life exceeds all my experiences with LOS by hours! Well done!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

In between I found out that the Sync was disabled global. I reenabled the sync and now the mail sync is working periodically as I set it up.

Maybe that will help others. Problem solved.

1 Like

Hello, I have installed 1.4-20221013225888 on my Fairphone 3 and although Internet works correctly, I have problems with the mobile network : nobody seems to be able to call or send text messages to me, while I can do it on my side. Any tips on the matter ?

Did you enable Do not disturb mode (perhaps accidentally)?

Else ā€¦ Did you already try to turn off the phone (real shutdown, not just a reboot), wait a few seconds and turn it on again?
While the phone is off, you could reseat the SIM card, too.

Screen timout does not work on an FP3.
The screen always stays on if it is not locked.

Generally works well once I disable the VPN. Sometimes canā€™t access websites and then check VPN and it is switched on again ā€œby itselfā€

No, I tried the shutdown and it doesnā€™t work. The problem exists since Iā€™ve installed the new 1.4 version two days ago, and I never had it before. Internet works without any problem and I can call and send texts. I just canā€™t receive them.

Several things not working as well with 1.4 (on Fairphone FP3 with FP3+ camera upgrades):

Poor App Lounge performance (which has been happening with earlier versions as well) - apps sometimes wonā€™t install or update - download percentage doesnā€™t change after hitting Install or Update button.

Big Jet TV app which had been installed got uninstalled without intervention from me, now doesnā€™t show in App Lounge or Uptodown app installer and if I try to install from an apk it says itā€™s not compatible.

Flightradar24 - was working pretty well, but now regressed to earlier map issues: not all aircraft showing, only 1 aircraft can be selected for info, then app must be restarted.

Lost notifications from ZOE Covid Study App - used to have a daily notification, havenā€™t changed any settings, but no notifications now.

I have downloaded on my phone the 1.4 q version (20220920220045) in the hope it will change something. But I donā€™t know how to install if from the zip archive. Can someone help or point to a tutorial ? I didnā€™t find one.

In my setup, I canā€™t confirm this issue: the FP3 - screen turns black after 60 seconds of inactivity.

Hi, did you search here too?
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP3/install

Yes, thatā€™s where I downloaded the stable version. Do I have to install it from my computer or is there a way I can install it directly from the phone, where I downloaded the files ?

I also observed this behavior a few times on my FP3(+). If I remember correctly, different apps were active, when the screen didnā€™t turn off. But it worked again after switching off manually (no reboot).
Havenā€™t determined a systematic yet.

Hello,

With the latest version of /e/OS (1.4 on FP2), the following application has disappeared and is no longer visible in the lounge app.

How do we find her?

Denis

I changed the screen timeout (15 sec., 30 sec., 1 m.) several times but without success.
I removed all the applications in the background.
I turned off and restarted my phone several timesā€¦ without success.
I have searched in the FP3 settings what could prevent this screen timeout but I did not find anything.
Itā€™s not going to be easy to solve ā€¦ :frowning: