Feedback for v1.5

On my Fairphone 3 I have the issue discussed here, namely, if using any other launcher than the default Bliss one, the ‘recent apps’ button doesn’t work.
(There is a story about the Trebuchet system app influding on that, but for me it seems not changing anything.)

I have Android 10, /e/ v1.5 on a Galaxy S7

I am trying to forward a text to an email address, when I long press on the text, I can ‘forward’ (from 3 dots …), however I cannot select the contact with the email address in.

A work around I’ve tried is to copy the ‘Text’ text, then try paste it into an email, however I cannot see any options to do a ‘paste’.

I am using all stock /e/ apps, should I install something better, or is this a shortfall ??~

Thanks

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

But you can select the Mail App, which will start a new mail, with the cursor in the recipient field. Just start typing the recipient there, you will get a choice of fitting email addresses from your contacts then.

Just tap the place in a text input field where you want to paste something. If the text input field is empty, long-tap into it. A marker will appear. Either the paste option will already be given, or tap the marker to get the paste option.

1 Like

Édit 3 :
video recording does not work. Only the sound works not the picture. When reading the file the gallery app crashes (Murena One)

Hello
Same thing as @gcher495 , I have an S7 and since I switched to version 1.4 and now to 1.5 I can’t install the IZLY application anymore. Applounge does not offer it anymore. For the echo, which existed before I did not have the opportunity to test today.
Thanks to the team for this new update.

Claude

Hello, I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5 (Android 10) on my samsung S7 and I notice that there is a lot of echo for the person I’m calling with. This happen with speaker and without (normal call) but does not happen if I plug earplugs. This is quite annoying cause I cannot call or receive call without my earplugs now… does anyone have similar problem ? any workaround for that ?

same here: Samsung S7 SM-G930F (from e-shop)
1.5-q-20221028230220-stable-herolte
just checked: Yes, phone calls have very annoying echo for the other end
(first phone call since the update, didn´t check before, will check next time earlier for sure)
no workaround to offer, would appreciate one too

edit: gitlab issue reported here: #6210

Hi,
Since I have updated /e/-os from version 0.23 to 1.5 on my fp3, a HUGE lock icon appears on my lock screen:

Il remains displayed until I unlock the phone.
Do you know where it comes from? I would like to hide it because I find it totally useless and particularly unattractive.
Thanks.

Hi,
Since I have updated /e/-os from version 0.23 to 1.5 on my fp3, the disabled wifi icon in the status bar is grayed out as if it were unavailable (which is not the case), while the other icons looks normal:

Is it an issue with the icon theme? (I use the “filled” one).
Thanks

This is true of QKSMS, the “upstream” app on which /e/'s Messaging app is forked. That does not offer the “forward as email” feature either. I don’t know of any other messaging app that does offer the feature

Hi,
Updated my FP3+ yesterday night without any issue. Nice surprise!
So far, nothing to raise. It seems even faster than before. Can’t comment on the issues listed above, I’m not falling under those use cases.
Great job, thanks!

1 Like

Samsung S7 edge, /e/ 1.5 q

The update only became available for me today. Just updated and the update process ran perfectly.

So far everything looks file (but haven’t tested all apps/functions.

Does anybody know where I can find the 1.5 Release notes/What’s new document? I can’t seem to find it in the /e/ documentation website.

Ahh yes, the long tap brings up the Paste option, thanks.

This is true of QKSMS, the “upstream” app on which /e/'s Messaging app is forked. That does not offer the “forward as email” feature either. I don’t know of any other messaging app that does offer the feature

Simple guides like this one below suggest that it is possible on Android, is it just the forked versions where it is not ?
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-forward-text-message-to-email-4174633

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/releases

1 Like

Another issue with the icon theme. During the wi-fi pairing process, the icon displayed does not follow the global theme:

Upgraded my FP3+ from 1.4-q to 1.5-r stable yesterday.

It went flawlessly, and so far I have a battery usage of 1% per hour.
The only issue I ran into were the repeated Trebuchet crashes resulting in the inability to show recent. Thanks to reading the posts here and applying the hints all is fine now.

Congratulations on the good work!

1 Like

I notice also a significant improvement of accu consumption. Much better now.

1 Like

Also look at Settings, System updates and touch the three dots in upper right corner.

Gets even better.
Now I have 31 hours uptime and 29% battery usage.
:slightly_smiling_face:

So it is possible if you use Google’s Messages app - I didn’t know that. But it is not possible with either QKSMS, or with /e/'s Messaging app, which is a fork of QKSMS