Feedback for v1.5

Interesting. How did you get that?
FP3 stable 1.5-r seems neither available for manual install nor OTA currently.
Q to R OTA upgrading for FP3 was also not announced as available at Week 44, 2022 : Development and Testing Updates.

Are you in the testing group for this or were you running a special dev build for testing out a fix for an issue? (I saw the updater of such a build offering a Q to R upgrade once, when it shouldn’t have been available officially.)

1 Like

Hi, I got my upgrade 1.4 q stable → 1.5 r yesterday evening too. I forced the lookup for new updates in the updater and got the OTA right away.
Everything works fine (only issue the already mentioned: “old” microG 0.2.24 is still rolled out).

Hi!
I also forced the lookup for new updates in the updater (refreshing like crazy) and got the OTA upgrade to Android R.

Cheers

1 Like

I think it’s not just me who finds it very hard to believe that all of a sudden an OTA upgrade from Q (stable) to R becomes available without any further public announcement. Could you please check Settings > About phone to see which Android version (10 or 11) your FP3 is on now? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Manoj might not had the time to update the information regarding FP3 upgrade on this week’s updates. The communication from /e/ improved a lot thank’s to him; just give him some time to check with the dev team.

Sorry for the delay in sending the information out. We are still caught up in the ‘S’ upgrade builds.

To confirm - the FP3 Q to R OTA OS upgrade builds have been released as of yesterday with v1.5. Users should be receiving them now.

On the FP3 Pie to Q / R we will upgrade the Easy Installer to help with this update. The only difference would be this would be a manual effort, unlike an OTA upgrade. Also, the users will have to take a backup of their data as the upgrade will wipe all data before updating.

7 Likes

Sorry to bother you with this as well, but has this been made available for FP3 users on DEV, too?

Yes it is - and @Manoj explained already. I’m not sure, if it is still labled as “stable” - I don’t know where to find this information.

1 Like

Samsung S7 :

• Echo in calls
  • Some app (Izly) disappeared (working on 1.3 but also not on 1.4)

I would like to know as well, because I was on 1.2-r-dev and one of the OTA upgrade (to 1.3 or 1.4) made the Android version roll back to q-dev on FP3+! I am sure I started on Android 11, I now am on Android 10.

May we expect a small interim update concerning the latest microG before 1.6 will be released? I still have some trouble with location services on my FP3 (1.5 stable).

Can check on this and get back by Monday, as the team member responsible is on vacation. The problem with builds is we need to release it for most of the devices. That involves some testing as well. Only after that can we release it. All that same will check and update :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

OS OTA upgrades are for stable builds only. The idea started to upgrade our customer phones. Hope to get it to work for all devices /stable and dev. The upgrade activity is slightly complicated as it requires an update of the OS version with zero data loss.

4 Likes

Thank you very much, that explains it. Will see if it becomes available for dev at a later point (or perhaps I’ll make the jump to S manually instead if that’s possible earlier).

Manoj for Prime Minister :+1:

2 Likes

Samsung S7: Just installed it, runs smoothly so far - another big thanks to all of you at e for your great work!

1 Like

Very good news about FP3 Q to R in stable branch, but then how come this URL shows only Q builds?

https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/

Moto One 5G Ace

The http server error 418 in the link below somehow started error-ing silently in the last month, but it still is happening in 1.5:

https://community.e.foundation/t/http-server-error-418/44128

So you now believe? lol

Hi @Manoj

Why in Settings > Update System > I’m on 1.5 but it’s still Android 11 and not 12 ? (I’m on FP4)

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

This was all about Q to R (10 to 11) on FP3.
R to S (11 to 12) on FP4 is still a manual process (no OTA upgrade for this) and S for FP4 may still be in beta status for FP4.

1 Like