Feedback for v1.5

Where is the setting to enable camera icon/button on the lock screen? I could not find it.

Never mind. I canā€™t find it either now, although my memory and the internet say this does (or did?) exist somewhere in the Android realm.
Not in /e/OS now, it seems.

There is a setting, I try to translate it accurately since my phones is in german.

Settings-> ā€˜Gestures and ā€¦ā€™ ā†’ ā€˜Camera Quick Openā€™

There you can set double press on power button. You aware of that? I guess a shortcut works diffrently.

I use this shortcut too and also had this problem once.
For me, the cause was that I installed an additional Camera App before. I think Android tried to bring up the ā€œOpen withā€ Dialog but could not do so on the lockscreen. Setting the default camera fixed it.

1 Like

I have this setting enabled and it works when the screen is unlocked, but if I activate it when the screen is locked, I have to first unlock the screen, before seeing the camera (the camera app still launches, but it is ā€œbehindā€ the locked screen)

Yes, it exists in standard Android OSes (and itā€™s enabled by default), but I havenā€™t seen it in /e/OS yet.

For me it works, nevermind my comment earlier

Hello!
FP4 here. 1.5 installed yesterday.
No fingerprint reader. A real problem for some appsā€¦

Just rebooted. Now works!..

1 Like

Something minor (even if it gave me a vain joy) : on my S9+, after upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5 (Q), I got suddenly a nearly doubled battery life ā€¦ yes, around 4 days, whereas itā€™s around 2 days usually. I must precise that I shutdown my phone every night ā€¦ so not a ā€œjust reboot and back to normalā€ case ā€¦
But the next time I got the battery charged again, back to normal ā€œaround 2 daysā€ battery life. Which is OK for me (while not that impressing).

The update went flawlessly, but after the update it marked my microSD-Card as corrupted.
Before I had no problems.
Removing and reinserting only helped temporary and formatting just helped once as long i didnā€™t wanted to move files.
The microSD-Card was readable under W10.

• Vendor Name: Fairpthone
  • Device name: 3+
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.4
  • Not rooted

On FP4, android 12, /e/ OS version 1.5.1-s-20221102231514-stable-FP4, not rooted.
I updated to 28 Oct version beforehand, and then downloaded 2 Nov, so something happened between these two.

Internet stopped working after update; I can connect to my router and it does not say thereā€™s no internet, but browsers etc canā€™t connect to the internet.

Iā€™ve reset my router, switch off MAC randomisation, switched off private DNS, switched off VPN, switched off Advanced Privacy, resetting in between all of these, and still no internet.

Upgrade on my OP8Pro went without problems, OS feels much more responsive now - so far no issues discovered. Thanks to all the developers :grin: Keep up the really good work :+1:

Everything looked fine, until I much later noticed that sync to my calendar and contacts ā€“ private Nextcloud ā€“ broke. I am in contact with support on this. Will update here.

Hi everyone, thanks for the update. A couple of (late?) remarks:

Fairphone 3+
1.4 Android 10 ā†’ 1.5 Android 11

• Noticeable performance drop. Most notably, I used to play Genshin Impact nearly without issue, but now it often goes crazy with some frames lasting more than five seconds, even if I tweak down the gameā€™s graphic settings and put the phone in ā€œdonā€™t care about the battery, performances firstā€ mode. Even got a ā€œis not respondingā€ on the app for the first time ever right now and had to exit. I may end up trying to uninstall-reinstall the game, but itā€™s huge. Edit: Reinstalled the game from scratch, no change.

• The updater labels the old 1.4 /e/ version as a ā€œVersion Upgrade!ā€. :thinking:

• My themeā€™s color reverted to the default blue and cannot be changed. I guess itā€™s this bug: Regression with personnalisation in FP3 - #6 by Manoj

• Personal view: I preferred the old blue-light filter. I often manually looped through day/night/off and now it seems to be just on/off, with only one customizable saved intensity instead of two distinct values.

I have the same problem since v1.0 I think. But I always ignored it by not using the SD card. Good that you mention itā€¦

Hi,
Since the last /e/os update (1.5.1[ā€¦]-stable-FP4), itā€™s like my phone doesnā€™t have a fingerprint anymore. All the apps that use it previously have switched to other methods and I canā€™t select fingerprint method back.

I am open to provide further analysis and logs, but you have to guide me through the process.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Try rebooting maybe twice, alot of people say it works afterwards again.

3 Likes

It works again. Thank you.

1 Like

1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev-crosshatch

An annoying message pops up periodically saying ā€œMicroG has stoppedā€ this happens mostly when i try to make a call. Even though the message is easily dismiss able, this makes me annoyed.