Feedback for v1.5

So it is possible if you use Google’s Messages app - I didn’t know that. But it is not possible with either QKSMS, or with /e/'s Messaging app, which is a fork of QKSMS

Thanks Tore! That feature doesn’t work for me (it tries to open a webpage that doesn’t exist).

I have a similar problem with version 1.3 on a S7 if that helps …

Update from FP3 Q to R without data loss possible?

1 Like

Thanks for reading through the thread for me. :sweat_smile:

Search icon (top right of the page) - “fp3” - “in this topic” - quickly browse through results from the bottom upwards :wink: .

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing me. :slight_smile:

btw… FP3 works after upgrade!!11 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I received the update to FP3 q-1.5-dev but the upgrade to R hasn’t appeared yet. Still hoping!

I also had this problem once after an update.
Turning gesture navigation off and on again in the navigation settings fixed it for me.

1 Like

I just upgraded to 1.5 S (Android 12) on FP4. Was surprised to receive the upgrade in OTA.
Everything seems to run well so far.
Thanks to the whole team for allowing the Fairphone 4 to upgrade to Android 12 (S) in OTA mode!

8 Likes

I have a Motorola G 5G and version 1.5 will not install. I was able to upgrade to version 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 just fine, but when I try to upgrade to 1.4 or 1.5, the download works, the install process finishes, then when I click reboot, the phone just reboots 5 or 6 times and then reverts to version 1.3.

Arw you on stable channel or dev?
Edit: i checked and I also got version upgrade. I am on stable channel. Nice surprise and thanks :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Stable version.

A nice surprise indeed! :wink:

2 Likes

Stable version for me too, it’s work well but still a problem withe the notification for French medias or my bank LCL, impossible to connect on it @Manoj.

The version upgrade OTA - Android r to Android s - on my FP4 was smooth. Seems to work well. Thanks dev team.

4 Likes
  • OnePlus-8T KB2003 kebab rooted
  • Switch from lineage-19.1-20221011-microG-kebab to e-1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev-kebab

When advanced-privacy activated, it’s impossible to modify the location management. It’s stuck on random, no possibility to change to true or defined location.

The workaround is to disable advanced-privacy when you want to use a MagicEarth or similar app
Not very user friendly

I’ve updated my FP4 to e/OS S. A big thank you to all of the team!!

An issue appeared with fingerprint settings. Saved fingerprints from Android 11 didn’t worked anymore. So I need to teached it again.

Another issue is a disappearing of the blur effect of the dock in the right corner. I’ve attached a screenshot of my homescreen.

1 Like

… same situation for me. In the meantime i multiple switched to testchannel and back, but no effect. Also still hoping.

Hi @leif, may be that’s the reason ?