Feedback for v1.7

The v1.7 rollout would be completed later today. Let me know in this thread, if any device is having issues after the v1.7 update. Looking for booting or regression issues.

For me Brave browser works fine.

For me it cycles between these…

Vendor Name: Fairphone 3
Device name: FP3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.6-r-stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not Rooted

I have just updated to v1.7 and am now facing the exact same issue: Banking app not working because of Overlaying app detected.

I have removed the permission “Display over other apps” from all the apps I could, even microG, to no avail.

3 Likes
Vendor Name: FAIRPHONE

Device name: FP4

Device CodeName

Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: Version: FP4.FP4G.A.170.20220920

Not rooted

Bitdefender, erreur, Check that Google Play is enabled… etc
Itsme, GovApp, fonctionnent pas

Got the same thing. And I noticed that during the previous update as well: Feedback for v1.6 - #99 by alice_m
The percentage goes from 0 to 100% during the download, but then during the “preparing for first boot” and “finalizing package installation” steps it remains at 100% despite the progress bar clearly saying otherwise.

FP3+ Android 11, bought with /e/ preinstalled.

1 Like

Looks like this issue is moved to v1.9

1 Like

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Samsung S8 SM-G950F
Device CodeName: dreamlte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 0.23
Version installed now : 1.7-r-20230110250404-stable-dreamlte
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

First, thanks a lot for the effort you put into developing /e/ for the S8! It seemed way more difficult than for other devices. Now the bugs :

• Add the end of the update, I got a notification Finishing the update with a progress bar. I waited, but nothing happed. It deseappeared after reboot.
  • AppLounge : When I update an app, it gets stuck after downloading. Sometimes the app is updated after a reboot, sometimes not. The bug does not seem to appear when updates are done one by one (I had 2 updates to do).
    applounge
  • AppLounge : Crashes randomly for no apparent reason
  • AppLounge : Installing a new app does not always work.
  • I believe the shade should be uniform :
    apperance

I will update if I see something else.

Oh. But in that ticket, the % gets stuck at 91, not 100. That’s strange xD (but probably hugely related)
Thanks for the ticket link.

I stopped using the “update all” button ages ago, even before the App Lounge got called “App Lounge”. Always had issues with this.

Samsung S7 herolte continues to suffer other party phone call echo, as per Bug #6210
Thanks

1 Like

FP3+ v1.6r to 1.7r (stable).
Updated OK and working fine currently.

However, there does appear to be a significant issue resulting from the changes introduced to App Lounge, specifically this from the release notes:
“Replace Google play app with fdroid app if the app is available in both sources.”

There now appears to be no way to locate the Play version of an app if there is also an F-droid version.

This presents a significant issue where the two versions offer different functionality.

For example, for mapping I use the Play version of Vespucci as it offers aerial imagery from Bing which is higher quality than other available options. The F-droid version has recently removed the ability to use Bing.

I’ve tried unticking ‘show open-source apps’ in settings but the F-droid version still appears. I used to be able to find the app by adding ‘google’ to my search, but now only the F-droid version shows.

So, what happens when the app is next updated? Will my installed (Play) version show or will I be unable to update without changing version and losing important functionality? What if I need to reinstall it?

(I know there are other ways to install apps but I shouldn’t need to resort to these.)

I’ve seen this issue raised as a general concern in earlier discussions about the proposed changes so thought it would be properly addressed.

Have you doublechecked status and settings of “advanced privacy” ? Especially the “fake my location” function.

1 Like

Yea, that was it. All fixed. Deleting my post.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Hi,
Galaxy Samsung 8 rooted
From 0.23 to 1.7. No ota, I downloaded the zip file.
1.7 is faster good job, thanks for the update !

I miss my long click on task buton to split screen in 2 but it’s realy ok so fare.

Vendor Samsung
Device Galaxy S7
Device CodeName: SM-G930F
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously:1.6
Device not rooted

After S7 upgrade today I still could not install Izly app!
The installed app got removed since v.1.4 update, but some folks can still use it. I turn off all 3 Advanced Privacy switches, but still the app refused to install (see posts here)
Could some system options block this app ?
Or is it related to microG and google account i do not have ?
All help is welcome

Are you saying you have an apk file available but it won´t install?
It should prompt something along the lines of “allow or deny potentially unsecure sources” for install if the apk is not sourced from an apropriate store.
Or are You saying you do not find the app in aurora store or app lounge?

You might find online ressources for download of an apk that maybe works for install (in that case it is your own responsibility whether you trust the source or not)

edit: sorry, I did not read all of the linked conversation first…

I had the same problem on my S7. No problem with my S8. I did exactly the same intall procedure. I think it comes from the /e/OS version installed on the S7.

1 Like

Samsung S7 Edge, not rooted, updated from v1.6-q to v1.7-q

refer to improvement AppLounge: Replace Google play app with fdroid app if the app is available in both sources

There are apps with DIFFERENT versions in fdroid and play store (e.g. Nextcloud Talk, FairEmail) with functions only available in play store (Talk: system notifications; FairEmail: connect to Outlook 365). Forced to update via fdroid kills availability of these app functions.

Stop using BitDefender, we are not on Windows :sweat_smile:

2 Likes