Feedback for v1.7

Same in my FP4. It seems to be related to this issue TextToSpeech API does not work until TTS Settings are opened (#6387) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab and this one: Move back to PicoTTS (#5728) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

1 Like

Refurbished S9+ from e.foundation here,
works very Well.
Thank you!

1 Like

Teracube 2 emerald.
OTA from 1.6-r to 1.7-r good to go.
No issues so far.

1 Like

Smooth, faultless update on both my Samsung S9+ phones, as ever.

Itching for the upgrade to newer Android.

2 Likes

FP4 without issues except the update all button on “App Lounge” doenst seem to work at all (altough that doesnt work since a couple updates)

Vendor Name: Fairphone 3+
Device name: FP3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.6-r-stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not Rooted

→ Update stable v1.6 to v1.7 on FP3.

Issue :

• Banking app not working anymore since the update → the app says another app is overlaying (which wasn’t the case before) and that it need to desable it to us rhe app. But I don’t know what to do…
3 Likes

Hmm, check…
Settings → Apps & notifications → Special app access → Display over other apps

See what apps are allowed. Something there might be the culprit. Disallow each in turn and test. Better yet, disable all, then re-enable one by one and test.

Also, since you are rooted, Magisk’s Tapjacking Protection may also play a part. Got hit by that once or twice back in the day with SuperSU.

2 Likes

Hi !

I just edited the post as I’ve made a mistake : my phone is not rooted.

I will try your solutions :+1:

2 Likes

Fairphone FP3+ 1.6 stable

Yesterdag, when i manually checked for updates, the 1.7 update appeared.
Today, the update was still there, but when I checked for updates again (refresh button), the 1.7 update disappeared!

So, either this is a bug or the update has been withdrawn back…?

If you look at Advanced Privacy in more detail you can enable/disable the trackers found within outlook on a case by case basis. Normally, from memory, you only need to disable “mobile engagement” to send the emails.

Maybe it could help…

1 Like

Just keep refreshing, perhaps it will show up again.

Interesting, too …

1 Like

Indeed, after 4 times it showed up again. Downloading now… :+1:

• Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : FP4
  • Device CodeName : ?
  • Version of /e/OS : 1.6-s-stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

Phonecall doesn’t work. No one can hear me even if i’m in HP. This problem exist since I have /e/OS 1.0

Thank you for point me there. If I understand, it seems we have to wait 1.8 release for PicoTTS (instead a restoration of eSpeak).

I had the stable version update for S9+ on January 24th. And everything is ok :+1:

At least there are related merge requests for 1.8. We will have to wait and see if it’s not moved to 1.9 or… Move back to PicoTTS (#5728) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP3
  • Device CodeName: ?
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.6-r-stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

I manually updated to 1.6 last week as OTA update was unavailable from 1.4. Update to 1.7 appeared in the updater this evening after tapping “refresh” about 5 times.
I updated from 1.5 to 1.6 last week by doing a fresh install via adb and bootloader, not sideloading. Today’s update to 1.7 was OTA.

I’ve encountered a few minor issues since upgrading to 1.6 that continue into 1.7:

• Camera tile in pull-down menu used to circumvent the lock screen and activate the camera with my phone locked. This is no longer the case. Now have to unlock my phone to take a photo, which defeats the point.
  • Main SIM card shows “unknown number” in Settings > About Phone (FP3) but connects with inactive airplane mode without a problem.
  • Prompt to select default file browser app not popping up. Native Files app automatically opens when (e.g.) choosing a password vault to open in KeePassDX, but installing a second file browser app doesn’t make it ask me which app I want to use. Second file browser app may lack permissions granted to native app, such as viewing the /Android/data/ folder.
  • Night Light (in Settings > Display) does not change automatically at sunrise/sunset. Setting a schedule for it is the same as leaving it constantly on or off.

It’s completely possible I missed something when manually updating last week – e.g. I didn’t reinstall the stock Fairphone ROM before installing 1.7…

Otherwise I’ve noticed no major issues; working well so far. I have yet to try out the Bluetooth, make or receive phone calls or SMSs; the audio jack seems to be working OK too (known issue with FP3 in previous versions).
Like others have said, I would appreciate newer security updates than October.

It arrived yesterday on my FP4, in France

i know i have too :wink:

I’ve a FP4 and the OTA shows up this morning. Just to be sure before doing the update : should I make a backup of my data (pictures and texts messages) ?