Feedback for v1.7

That’s a known issue for that model, with and w/o speaker on

@Manoj can you provide some feedback on whether that is worked on or alike? there’s a number of gitlab issues as well, they are mentioned + spread over the above linked thread. S7 is a great phone imho and some users purchased it from /e/ shop years ago. Therefore it would be great to know … :slightly_smiling_face:

In case nobody has an immediate idea about your specific situation, perhaps the search has something … https://community.e.foundation/search?q="error%3A%2021"

@AnotherElk, thanks I took a look to see if I could find anyone with a similar issue, but didn’t try that search which turned up enough information to put me on the right track.

Waiting to hear back, but am hopefully I be able to get my phone updated before hitting the anniversary of my last update.

Gigaset
GS 290
/e/ OS 1.7/20230110250405
Not rooted

I have an initial installation via Easy Installer. Everything went smoothly and it continues to run without any problems. One minor annoyance is notifications from the app stores. I have F-Droid, App Lounge and Aurora. If an update comes somewhere so you see the notfication. Unfortunately, it remains active after the update is installed. The remedy is to stop the service and restart it.

Finally got the 1.7/Android 11 upgrade for Samsung G8. The update was absolutely seamless and the result is a huge step up. In particular the Norwegian mobile payment app Vipps, public transport tickets on Ruter and the door control app Unloc all now work. /E/os 1.7, for me at least, delivers 100% of the functionality I need :slight_smile: huge kudos to everyone involved.

1 Like

Same bug on sms app. The app crashes when I click on a message to open it.
Fairphone 3+
I tried to clear data & cache but the bug is always here.

About GPS no more working on S9+ for some apps since 1.2 (#5984) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab,
on feb. 8th, 2023, the bug was no more active : GPS working as expected in Naturalist and TracBook apps + no more “Bad GNSS date time” error in GPSTest.
But just waiting for it to be back, as it always did since the beginning …
See follow up with 1.8.

I solved my problem by :

1. force Message app to stop
  2. renaming Message folder
  3. running Message app created a new Message folder
    Now Message app works well.
2 Likes

Vendor Name: Fairphone

• Device name: FP3
  • Device CodeName: Where is it?
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.6
  • Not rooted

Issue: In the message application, when I click on a discution thread the application crash

Note: I don’t have backup because I don’t know how to do it, why you don’t make it automaticaly before any upgrade? because many people don’t now how to do it, especially on smartphone. I have the impression to be trapped.

:star_struck:
Thank you soooo much! It worked for me as well.

Concerning the missing Izly app, I’ve made a topic about it here : Missing IZLY app on Samsung Galaxy S7
Any help is welcome

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.