Feedback for v1.7

What is meant by “refresh” just keep hitting the clockwise arrow top right of System Update screen?

Yes
(I need 20 Chars to answer)

1 Like

Not available for me. Restarted my phone just now. I hit refresh 4 times and 20 times. Still not available.

Please check the release plan: v1.7 release (#6163) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

3 Likes

That just worked for me. I am using a Pixel 3a

Thanks this is insightful! I will look for the update next week.

I hope my reply is in best place.

I found the solution to the 1.7 update not showing up in System Updates using the refresh key.

If you navigate using files to:

files/Android/data/org.lineageos.eleven/cache

In here there was a file called journal.* (I forget extension), mine was created January 8th. I deleted this file and when I returned to update there it was:

/e/OS 1.7

Going to apply now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately it didn’t work for me on a Samsung S9+
I’m still waiting for the update …

1 Like

Hey,
never saw this before ! It s quite useful !
Thanks,

1.7-s-20230111250406-dev-FP3 for my FP3 arrived on january 11th and is working great so far!

Gibro,

Try this: in the update screen hit the three dots then Preferences, then turn on: Prioritize update process. Let us know if it works.

1 Like

Thanks @Jets but I haven’t this parameter in System Update / Preferences.
Only “Delete update once installed” and “Mobile data usage warning” (translated from French).

The details on my smartphone :

• Samsung S9 Plus - SM-G965F - Not rooted - Android 10
  • e/OS 1.6-20221129238948 (it’s the third update since the install with Easy-Installer in 11/2022)
1 Like

As for me, got the OTA update for Samsung S9+ SM-G965F 1.7-q dev-star2lte on 2023-01-20 (and it installed smoothly).

1 Like

I had a direct response. It will be available next week for the stable version for my phone.

2 Likes

Gilbro,
You are at Android 10 (e/OS-q) I am at Android 11 (e/OS-r) this is probably why the difference.

1 Like

Google Pixel 4a5g
Bramble
previous version e/OS 1.6-r
Android 11
not rooted

Working very well, stable.

1 Like

Essential PH-1 mata
v1.6-q to 1.7-q OTA went without a hitch.
Rooted (Magisk installs along with OTA also flawless).

1 Like

Asus
Zenfone 8
Sake
S
(A12)
Rooted

I can not more login into microsoft office 365, outlook lite, dynamics

See attachlent for dynamics
For outlook lite there is an network error

One very positive find yesterday:

After the 1.7 S-dev update (previously: 1.6 S-dev) on my Fairphone 3+ I seem to no longer suffer from an irritating issue I had with phone calls using both wireless and wired headsets – it was impossible for me to control the volume, it would always remain at maximum. Had a phone conversation using my Fairphone modular headset yesterday and I was able to control the volume again.

1 Like

In general it works fine the update v1.7 , I only have a small problem with the app store in anonymous mode, some apps that belong to the play store do not install or just redirect me straight to the play store.

• Vendor Name: motorola
  • Device name: moto g7 power
  • Device CodeName: ocean
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: v1.6 android 12
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted
1 Like