Feedback for v1.8

it looks similar to the symptoms I had. Did you get this screen when the phone was on charge too? In my case, I selected “try again” and the phone booted (and crashed a couple of hours later when it was on charge again). However, after about a week or more, it started working correctly. I always selected “try again” every time. The key is to get the phone to see that you won’t give up (like children), and when it understands this, it’ll give in and finish the install, apparently! :joy:

yep, first time it was when on charge.
Second time the same, but it doesn’t want to finish rebooting, and bliss crash after I put sim code and phone code…

then it’s slighly different from thesymptoms I had. I think we need the insight from the /e/ devs here…

Ap Lounge take to long to open and sometimes it crash.

(I didn’t read this entire thread, I have a live …, so perhaps someone else has already reported this.)

I have again my connection problem: When you leave a wifi environment and carry your device into another known wifi environment the device reconnects and shows the wifi icon but the new connection will not always work. This happens several times a week, yesterday I had this two times a day. Remarkable is that also the mobile data connection doesn’t work in this case, it is probably not used because wifi is on. And the only real workaround is then to reboot.

I described this in a case for /e/ 0.19 which I reactivated now. I guess this case has never been worked on. I closed it myself because 1.4 seemed to be good. But 1.8.1 is still not.

Sorry for bothering you but: Just to be sure: when you say “first it was OK”, do you mean “it seemed to work fine for a few seconds”, or “hours” or “days”? I’ve been using 1.8.1 without issue (except the unusable Gallery due to instantaneous crashes) for a week, but your message makes me almost scared to boot it up now, because it sounds like FP3(+)-s could self-brick themselves on a whim at any random moment. :thinking: But perhaps your issues started right after the update, or even during the update process.
More details on this could also help the devs figuring out what’s wrong, I guess.
Thanks. :bowing_woman: (And I hope you’ll be able to fix it.)

I can’t be sure exactly, but it was at most 1 or 2 days after the update (i don’t remember if i reboot the phone between the update and the first occurence of theproblem

It’s not that FP3 can self brick, the 1.6 version of OS is for example very stable on FP3. Looks like 1.7 and 1.8 are having more problems.

OK, thanks, so I guess it’s an isolated case, otherwise other users would surely have reported this by now.

Yeah, I was just trying to interpret Scorp’s report regarding 1.8.1, and only 1.8.1. I’ve been using /e/ since before v1 and the worst I had was one version that often refused to be turned on after a normal shutdown, forcing me to remove the battery.

Motorola One 5G Ace Rooted.

The overlay issue is gone and the OS is working well.

My issue is only a problem when apps present a sign in page e.g. a work punch in/punch out app. As soon as i press sign in, it returns ‘browser keeps stopping’

As i mentioned, this is a work app and is essential. Is it possible to route such sign ins to another browser - its obviously not as easy as just setting another browser to default, but if its possible can someone plz share otherwise my /e/ journey is over (for now)

can you give an example which App sign-ins crash the browser / webview?

Hello,

Fairphone
FP3
/e/OS 1.7-r

Since update, I noticed a very high battery consumption of my phone.

One specific app is ‘Workjam’

Hi there!
I installed 1.8.1 OTA on a Samsung S7. This works quite nicely but the battery seems to drain very fast compared to all older versions.
Photos that have just been taken only shown up in the gallery after a couple of hours - sometimes minutes. However this behaviour occurs since upgrading to Android 10 .

Hello,

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name :Fairphone 3
Device CodeName : FP3
e/OS 1.7 -s

As mentioned by other /e/OS user, I also noticed an unusual battery drain since last update :confused:

I succeed to switch on my phone but bliss still crashed and even connected to the computer I can’t access data and save what i want :frowning:

I need my phone for work and i can’t use it since 3 days, I hope there will be a solution really soon

Teracube 2e
Android version 11
e_emerald-user 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.

Vendor Name teracube 2e

Device name teracube 2e

Device Codename: unclear what the Codename is… Is it the serial number? 202111T2E001037

Using version 1.8

Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted I don’t know how to answer this

Running version 1.8 and issues I’m having. Some apps drag and spin and don’t open. Had one called TTW and it wasn’t operating after update so I deleted to reinstall. Looked on app store to reinstall it and app lounge crashed says unable to connect but oddly enough I just tried a few moments ago and app lounge was working.

We have two teracube phones. Mobile carrier is T-Mobile. Unable to send MMS to multiple people across multiple devices and networks. Receive MMS fail try again message. Placed sims into old phones we had and MMS messaging worked. Put sims back into the teracube 2e phones and issue happens again. T-Mobile engineer team looking into but they confirmed settings and service on their end is correct.

the success of booting was short… it doesn’t work anymore…

Unable to uncheck “Automatically select network”